Ship Squad Of One

(Word count: 366

All the credit goes to GayCoffeeGhost, p3pp3r_, and @_-ASmolToast-_ for this idea! Hey I finally wrote it! Wooooo—)

"I-I can explain."

"You'd better. This is really sketchy."

Iskall hid the notebook from Grian and Mumbo's field of view. "How is it sketchy? It's a notebook."

Mumbo raised his eyebrows. "Uh...I swear I saw my name in there."

"So maybe I wrote about you!"

Grian grinned. "You have a diary?"

The two Architects had decided to visit the Swede's base and drag him over to a meeting at Sahara. Instead, when they had shown up at his mushroom base, they'd found him writing in some sort of journal he had.

"N-no!" Iskall protested, sounding more flustered than ever.

Mumbo laughed. "Aw, it's okay. That's cute," he said, patting Iskall on the head. "Right, Grian? Grian?"

Iskall whirled around to see Grian grabbing the journal and flipping through it. "GRIAN!"

Grian turned each page with a little more confusion. "Scar and Cub...Biffa and Xisuma...me and Mumbo? Iskall, what the heck is this?"

Iskall turned tomato red. "Just some writings..."

"Wait, let me see that," Mumbo said, despite Iskall's protests. He stared at the notebook. "Iskall. What the—"

"I can explain!!"

"And why are there hearts next to the word..." Mumbo struggled to pronounce the word. "Grumbo?"

"What is that, some sort of zombie with my name added on?" Grian asked, visibly confused.

Iskall burst out laughing, then quickly shut up. "Uh..."

"And this. Convex. Biffazuma?"

"Biffsuma, actually," Iskall said, still red as ever. "And Scarian. And Mango. And Iskall x Iskall..."

"There aren't words to describe how weirded out and confused I am..." Mumbo said, staring at the number of hearts around Convex.

"It's a book of pairings! I write in it whenever I see a good pair!" Iskall blurted out, then dropped down onto the floor in a cowering position. "Don't kill me."

"Yeah, I'm just gonna leave..." Grian said, slowly backing away. "Never mind. What Sahara meeting? Imma just..." He took off. Mumbo quickly followed.

Iskall sighed a little under his breath, then quickly stashed the notebook away with the other four he kept in this base. "Shoot. Where's that Mumbo x Ren pairing I was working on? Must be in the glacial base." And he took off too.