Architects On Ice

(Word count: 707

Because why not

Requested...ish...by CasuallyAFangirl!

Enjoy this short oneshot!)

"So you're telling me...you want Sahara to open up an ice rink?"

Iskall nodded enthusiastically. "It will be a great addition to the Sahara line!"

"Okay, one thing," Grian said. "Sahara is a desert. And you want us to do something with ice?"

"Yes! The irony is great! Plus, we're already in a partnership with Speedy Pines, which involves ice. Why not?"

"I mean, if it'll promote Sahara, yeah," Mumbo added. (Yes, he had actually shown up to the meeting! Praise the Minecraft gods!)

"How are we going to get all the ice, though?"

Iskall smiled. "I have a deal with the Ice Queen I need to uphold."

—————

"Only if I get into it free."

"Please, Stress?" Iskall begged.

Stress shook her head. "Deal or no deal. Take your pick."

Iskall sighed in frustration. "Meet in the middle."

Stress was adamant. "Nope. Please, Iskall?? I haven't skated in forever!"

"You're no fun." Iskall tossed her a token that would allow her access into the rink.

"Pleasure doing business with you!" Stress called cheerily as Iskall flew away from her castle.

—————

"That's...that's a lot of ice."

Grian looked over the messy blueprints Iskall had made. On the bottom, a quick scrawl was written. Room for improvement. This is really up to you, G-man.

Grian sighed. "Let's see. Concrete, for sure. Maybe mixing in a bit of blue with the yellow, since they're complementary? Or maybe we can use blue ice in some places. The walls will be white, for sure."

He groaned at the realization that he'd have to use the concrete machine again. And judging by Iskall's dimensions, the walls would take up...let's just say a BUNCH of concrete.

"Maybe I can only put a four-block high wall around. Sink down the floor so it's in the ground. That would be eight blocks high. Still a bunch of concrete."

Grian grabbed his own pencil and started scribbling things in. "This is going to be a lot of work, but it's going to be grand."

—————

"You want me to do what now?"

"Make the Redstone for the ice rink!"

Mumbo was confused. "But an ice rink doesn't require Redstone."

Iskall shrugged. "Well, you know. A little pizzazz to the whole thing! Maybe some fireworks, some pop-up obstacles. Just the usual stuff."

"The usual stuff." Mumbo still sounded skeptical. "I'll see what I can too."

"Thanks!" Iskall rose on his toes and patted Mumbo on the head. "I'm going to go see what Grian is up to."

"Probably blowing up something!" Mumbo shouted after Iskall's shrinking figure.

—————

"Three weeks, tons upon tons of concrete, and much hassling of everyone on this team, we're finally finished."

Grian tried to rub the concrete powder from his hands. "I think my hands will be dyed white for the rest of my life."
"Speak for yourself," Mumbo said, dusting off the Redstone dust. "This was...quite an ambitious project."

"It was worth it, right?" Iskall asked hopefully.

Stress practically leaped into the place. Her skates sliced the ice smoothly, and she glided along like second nature. She cheered. "It's so fun, guys! C'mon!"

Mumbo bit his lip. "Do any of you know how to skate?"

Grian grinned and grabbed his friend by the arm. "Come on, big guy. I think it's time you have your first skating lesson."

"I didn't ask for this—"

Iskall jumped on the ice and immediately fell on his butt. Stress laughed, stopping to a halt. Her skates shaved off ice and it landed on Iskall.

He spat it out. "Help me up?"

Stress chuckled and helped him up. The two went off skating, Stress noticeably faster than Iskall, but she was trying her best to keep a pace.

Nearby, Mumbo was clutching onto Grian for dear life as they skated across the ice. Grian laughed. "Man, you look like a baby deer trying to walk for the first time!"

"Shut up," Mumbo muttered as he grit his teeth. It was taking all his concentration not to fall. "I'm doing my best."

The rink was filled with laughter and the scraping of ice. Even though the rink was a huge effort, it was worth it in the end. Yet another successful Sahara project.