Math

12 yr old.

Sam Pov

      Yn walks in the door after a day of school. i'm so happy one of us is getting a normal life.
"Hey" she greeted a smile
"Hello" i said back. She placed her school bag on the table. "So how did the Math quiz go?" i asked
"eh i think i still need help, math sucks and is pointless" she replied rolling her eyes.
"Oh come on it's not too bad" i laugh
"whatever. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom then i'll be right out." she walked to the bathroom door and shuts it. I open up her backpack and get out her math binder. a letter slips out, dated a week ago, addressed to the Guardians of Yn Winchester. i open it up and it states;

Dear Guardians of Yn
i first off want to congratulate you on raising a smart girl. she really knows her math. Would it be possible if you can talk to her about moving up to honors math and maybe joining the math club. I've asked her multiple times and she refused. I feel this is the best for her academically because the class she is in right is not challenging enough. 
                                        - ms. bellwether

why would she hide this? she walked out of the bathroom and i quickly stuffed the letter back in her bag.
"Can you help me with my math homework?" she asked
"Of course" i replied and she sat down opening up the binder to the next lesson.
"Um it's order of operations, and it's really confusing" she stated.
"it's not that bad once you get the hang of it." i said
so a made a small plan in my head, explain it wrong and see how she reacts. she wrote down the first problem.

15-3(2+7)+6

Yn POV

"ok so for this you just solve it left to right....." no sam "first you do 15-3 so that makes it 12......." sam said and i nodded even though he is completely wrong. then he continued "then u distribute the 12 to the 2 and 7 so the problem becomes, (24+84)+6......" sam are you high "lastly u just add them together and the answer is 114"
"oh um that's actually easy, i- i think i can do the rest by myself" i said
"are you sure?" he raised the eyebrow at me and i nodded. he sighed and got up. i erased what he did and did it correctly. add 2 and 7, distribute the 3, minus the 15 and add the 6. the answer is -6. i continued to do my math until Sam spoke up "you know, Yn maybe since you keep doing poorly in math, you should see an actual tutor? i mean i'm obviously not helping."
"no! i like when you help me." i said with puppy dog eyes. he sighed "actually i saw the letter from your teacher, your doing good in math, do don't need anyone's help. so why act dumb?" he said frustrated.
"i just wanted to spend some time with you" i quietly mumbled.
"what?"
"your always out with dean and i never see you, i thought this was a way to spend time together."
"you could of just said something"
"i know, i just didn't want to be annoying about it"
he got up and hugged me "i would never be annoyed by you asking to hang out, i love you my mathematician"
"shut up dork, but i love you too"