Shy

you are 6 years old
________________

  For once you, Sam, Dean and John are going to a diner for a family dinner. You were jumping and running around the motel room all day well until Dean could settle you down. He picked you up and set you on the table so he can help put on your shoes.

"D! will they have chicken nuggets?" you asked

"maybe" he said tying up your shoes.

"How about pie? will they have pie?"

"Oh they better" Dean finished up putting on your shoes and helped you down. "Sam you ready?" Dean asked knocking on the bathroom door.

"One minute!" Sam replied muffled by the door

"Here munchkin you need a coat" Dean grabbed you winter coat and helped you put it on. he kneeled down to your level and zipped it up for you. Sam finally came out of the bathroom and you all met John outside in the Impala. Sam opened the door and you hopped it and then he sat beside you. Dean got into the passenger seat.

Once you got to the diner you held both Sam and Deans hands as the swung you as you guys walked up to the door. John opened the door and you entered the diner walking between your brothers. The diner was crowded and you didn't like it. You quickly grabbed Sam's fingers with your tiny hand and he smiled down at you. Walking to the booth you accidentally bumped into a large man and he looked pissed.

"Watch where you're going kid." he snapped at you.

"sorry." you mumbled grabbing Sam's hand a little tighter. But Dean was not having it, He stopped the man.

"talk to her like that again and that'll be the last thing you say. Got it?" Dean told the man with angry in his eyes. If looks could kill the man would be 10 feet under already. After that little ordeal you all sat down at the booth. Sam sat next to you, Dean across from you and John next to Dean. The waitress came over and gave out the menus and took your drink orders. Sam ordered a (favorite drink) for you because you're too shy to order. You looked through the menu looking for something you wanted. Apparently this diner does not have chicken nuggets.

"What are you going to get Yn?" Sam asked.

"I don't know, they don't have chicken nuggets." you replied.

"They have chicken tenders, it's the same just a different shape" He pointed to the chicken fingers on the menu.

"it's not the same" you sighed.

"Trust me you'll like it. it all tastes the same."

"but nuggets are better!" you protested.

"Yn! enough just get the damn tenders" John snapped. Deans jaw clenched and gripped the menu tighter. Sam stared at him with disbelief. The boys knew not to fight with John while you were around or out in public. You slouched down and fiddled with the menu not daring to look up at anyone.

"N/N! they have Mac n Cheese! you love Mac n Cheese, do you want that? Sam asked trying clear some of the tension.

You looked up at him and smiled slightly and nodded. The waitress can back with the drinks and took orders. John and Dean got burgers. Sam got a salad and Sam ordered you your mac n cheese. When Sam said you order you could feel your cheeks heat up while you stared at the table not wanting to look in the eyes of the waitress. You are extremely shy especially in public. You barely talk when other people are around but you don't mind, you're in your own little happy world. On the other hand though when your alone with just your family you are one 'Chatty Cathy'. She wrote down the orders and walked away. All three men were talking about stuff that you really didn't care about so you decided to tune them out while you played with the sugar packets. At some point Sam's hand found the ends of your hair and began to lightly play with them.