I Need to Stay Awake

Age: 18

  Finally. After many days of barely any sleep due to taking care of the boys and research you get to sleep. you climb into bed and lay down under your cozy covers. Your eyes instantly fell shut almost like cement blocks falling on top of your eyelids made them close. Then there was a knock. You snapped your eyes open and sat up just in time for the door to open to reveal Sam.

"Hey are you busy right now?" Sam asked.

"No not really" you replied

"Ok good, could you make us some lunch? we are so busy with research."

"Yea i'll be out in a minute"

"Thanks you're the best short stack love you."

"Love you too Samsquatch" you plopped out of bed and trudged your way into the kitchen. You got out all of the stuff to make the boys some sandwiches for lunch. You were in the middle of spreading the mayo when Cas walked in.

"Yn?" Cas gave you a puzzling look. You hummed in response. "Why are you using a spoon to spread mayo on the bread?" he asked. you looked down at what you were doing and you realize you must of grabbed a spoon instead of a knife.

"It's the new way of doing it Cas" you snapped at him. "Now please go away and stop asking stupid questions." After that Cas didn't reply he just left the kitchen. You finished making the sandwiches and served them to the boys. You started walking back to your room until Dean called your name. you silently curse yourself. all you want to do is sleep.

"Hey Yn, I need you to go to the library to get some more lore books." Dean told you.

"Okay" you wrote down the book Dean needed and got your keys and walked out to your car. Let's hope you can stay awake while driving. You but your key into the ignition and then the passenger and back door open causing you to jump. You look over and see Cas next to you and Jack in the back seat.

"What the hell guys?!" you yelled.

"We want to go with you to get out of the bunker for a bit." Jack said cheerfully. The truth is Jack and Cas both noticed something off about you. They can sense how tired you really are and the only reason they are going is to make sure you don't fall asleep behind the wheel and get into a crash. The only thing is that they have to do it nonchalantly because if you knew what they were doing you wouldn't let them. You would just snap and say you're fine but they knew you weren't.

You knew that they weren't going to let you go alone so you sighed and went on driving. 2 minutes of of the bunker you felt yourself getting tired and tired. Stay awake, Stay awake, Stay awake. Those words like a broken record in your mind. That worked for a bit until your eyes dropped once,

"Yn" you heard someone call you name but it sounded muffled. your eyes dropped twice,

"Yn" they sound was louder and you grip on the steering wheel loosened. Your eyes almost dropped a third time,

"YN!" the sound was loud and clear. You jerked up and tighten the grip on the wheel back. You look over at Jack and Cas who gave you concerned expressions.

"God Cas, What?" you snapped.

"Didn't you hear me?" Cas asked

"No, sorry I zoned out"

"I said can you go back to the bunker, Sam asked me to return a book but i forgot it."

You sighed angrily and nodded. You made a U-Turn and headed back towards the bunker. When you pull up to the bunker and park, Cas and Jack both get out while you wait in the car.
——————

In the bunker Cas and Jack stormed down the stairs.

"Sam? Dean?" Cas called.

"Cas? that was quick....wait where's N/N?" Dean asked worried.

"Out in the car." Jack answered.

"Our you guys blind? don't you see youre working Yn way too much. She hasn't slept or probably eaten in a while. Can't you see that? God, if we haven't gone with her she wouldn't be with us now" Cas days and the boys facial expressions saddens. Cas continues "She almost fell asleep behind the wheel, almost got into a crash. You need to give her a break, let her rest."

"If she was so tired then why didn't she say something?" Dean resorts

"Because she loves you idiots! She'd do anything for you, just like you'd do anything for her!" Cas snaps at the winchester boys. But the boys didn't blame him. they were right, how could they be so blind? They feel terrible working their precious baby sister too much. This ends now, She must rest, the boys agreed.
————

Maybe if I close my eyes just for a second, So you did.

"Yn?" Dean calls and you jerk awake again. "Can you come here?" you let out a huff and got out of the car

"Yea Dean?" you said.

"Turns out we had the book I need so you don't have to go to the library anymore."

"But Cas said he needed to return a book for Sam. I'll just take him, it's fine."

"He can get his lazy ass there himself. You've been burning the midnight oil how about you take a break munchkin?" when he said that a small smile crept on your face.

"Thanks Dean-o" He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and you guys walked inside. Upon walking inside Sam grabbed your hand and started to gently pulling you down the hall towards your room.

"So N/N, there is a new series I think we would both enjoy and I want to watch it with you." Sam said

"But what about research?" you asked.

"I need a break, if I read one more lore book my brain might explode." you laugh lightly at Sams comment.

  Once you got to your room Sam set up Netflix while you waited in bed. Once he put the show on he climbed in next to you. You snuggled up against his side, wrapping your arms around his waist holding him like a teddy bear. Sam snaked an arm around you shoulder and softly rubbed circles on it. It's been a while since you actually cuddled with your brothers and you missed it.

  "Yn i need to tell you something.." Sam said

"Yea? what's wrong?" you asked

"Just promise me, whenever your tired, need a break or just cant research anymore please tell us ok?"

"Ok Sammy, I promise." You lifted up your head and gave him a quick peck on the cheek then returning your head to its original spot. Sam smiled and started running his fingers into your hair. 15 more minutes into the show you were watching you finally fell into a deep sleep not walking up until the next morning.

———

AN: sorry this lowkey sucked haha.
Also, do y'all wanna part 2 to "Jacky Boy" or? just let me know. K thanks bye!