Chapter 20

Toby's POV

I groaned as I opened my eyes, the room still just as dark, if not darker, and tried to get up but couldn't. I looked down to see Y/N sleeping on my chest, her arms wrapped around my waist and a small smile plastered on her face.

I tried to get up, slowly and quietly slithering myself out of her grasp. I wanted to explore the old house, so, once out of her arms, I walked upstairs to look around.

__

door after door I found empty rooms and dusty closets but I haven't looked in one, the fifth door to the right. It was painted light F/C with a few stickers and a stop sign, presumably stolen, nailed to the top. I opened the door and looked inside, the window ajar, pictures and drawing all over the walls. The walls were painted a light shade of muted F/C, pictures of I assume Jay, Raist, and another guy with other people I've never seen. The room was a crisp white carped tinted with red near the window and next to the desk, the sheets on the bed were striped black and yellow with 2 S/F/C pillows resting against the headboard, a cat bed at the end on the bed tucked in the corner between the foot and the wall, a few Halloween themed plushies on a shelf above the nightstand.

I walked to the desk and noticed a notebook shoved in an overflowing bin full of papers that I'm assuming to be old or unwanted drawings. I picked it up and pulled out the black spinny chair from under the desk and sat down as I began to read,

'Entry 1;  

I hate this place, I hate this woman Dad brought into our home, I hate the neighbors, I hate all of this. I want to go back home, I want mom to come back, I want dad to let me go.

He thinks I'm going through a rebellious phase and I'm just mad we left, he thinks Mom was the one in the wrong, he thinks I make everything up!
'

I skimmed through page after page, 

"Entry no one cares anymore; 
She ruined it. He ruined everything. SHE MADE DAD LEAVE SHE MADE HIM LEAVE ME. HE MADE HIM LEAVE ME EVERYTHING IS THEIR FAULT. NON OF THIS WOULD'VE HAPPENED IF DAD WASN'T SO SELF ABSORBED TO SEE THE TRUTH WAITING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WOOL THAT,  THAT WHORE PULLED OVER HIS EYES

The page had been filled with scribbled and rushed writing so I flipped to the next page, it continued.
'MOM WAS OKAY DAD WAS OKAY I WAS OKAY. HE TURNED A BLIND EYE TO WHAT HE HAD, HE WANTED MORE HE WANTED BETTER SO HE TOOK WHAT HE THOUGH WAS HIS AND LEFT. HE LEFT WHAT WAS PERFECT HE LEFT MY SAVING GRACE AND DRAGGED DOWN TO HELL WITH HIM BY A CHAIN FORMED OF HIS LIES TO MY SAVIOR TO MY MOTHER-' 
another cut off, another continuation,
'- THOSE LIES FORMED A BLACK HOLE TO UNWORLD THOSE LIES MOLDED INTO A CHAIN TO DRAG ME DOWN UNDER WITH, THOES LIES TURNED INTO MY WORST NIGHTMARE. INTO LUCIFER. INTO THE FIRST PERSON ON A HIT LIST. I WANT HER DEAD I WANT HIM IN HELL I WANT MOM, I NEED HER IN HELL WITH THE WORST TORTURE AND PAIN IMAGINABLE I WANT THEM DEAD'

I stopped reading as I heard Y/N call my name as she walked up the creaking stairs. I shoved the book under her cat's bed and pretended to admire the artwork on the walls like nothing happened, "Toby?" she said tapping me on the shoulder, I jumped and turned around, "O-oh, H-hi Y/N." I said, "Sorry about last night, I tend to get emotional, my parents never knew where it came from." she laughed, I laughed along awkwardly.
"Well, are there any requests for breakfast?" she asked walking to the closet to unload her bag and gather her  outfit for the day (outfit below)

"W-ould w-w-waffles be o-okay?" I asked sounding like an excited little boy. "Uh, sure but I need to get dressed and ready today, I'm gonna pretend I never left to prank everyone!" she said giggling crazily afterward. "Alright," I said walking out and closing the door behind me, walking downstairs and kitchen.

__

Y/N's POV

I got dressed for the day and walked out of the room and downstairs, ready to make waffles for Toby and me.

___________________________

hope your guys enjoied!