Second Moon

The week continued on, and we didn't do much. I mean we did. We finished up the apartment... as much as we could anyway. There wasn't much use in cleaning the pizza boxes or soda cans from the floor since we'd only get more and more as time went by. The couch had been thrown out after a whole discussion about manhood being tainted or whatever, between the boys.

Ed had reluctantly offered to teleport the blown up couch to the garbage and dump it there, but both older boys declined the younger boy's offer.

So Tye and Virgil ended up trying to get the couch out of the apartment by picking it up and failing to get it through the door since it was closed, and they're idiots.

By the end of this, Sam and I came to the brilliant conclusion that they're idiots. Before both dorks even got the murdered piece of fabric out and onto the trash, us girls decided to round up all the scattered pieces of said murdered fabric and give them to Ed, who teleported next to the garbage and threw them out. You know, the easy way.

We did end up getting a new couch, that looked almost identical to the one we had destroyed. But this time we didn't let Tye and Virgil get their way. Ed teleported the damned thing where we wanted and that's that. No more manhood convos.

After this fiasco, we still had more to do, which we've successfully done, by the way! Luckily all the feathers were gone so, we didn't need to die every time we sneezed. But God damn, was it hard to get every feather out. There were some still hidden in some parts of the house, the fridge included. Still, haven't found out how.

Anyway, it's officially been a week since our successful escape from Star Labs. We haven't gotten any news from Luthor, and for that, I am thankful. I don't really want to remember the fact that we are surviving thanks to his money. Not exactly the most memorable thing.

"Felicity. Wake up." My body was shaken softly but I didn't even try to open my eyes. Sleep is more important. "... That's it."

"Wait, Ed don-" The second voice was suddenly cut off. My eyes shot open as slight pain shot through my side.

"Dude! What the-" My mind finally caught up with me. We were in Virgil and Ed's room. The heck?! "What are-" Ed... the kid just... "Did you just teleport us to your room?" He gave a measly nod. "How did..." The room door shot open revealing a worried Asami who immediately helped us up. Virgil and Tye appeared behind her.

"Dude! Don't do that!"

"Guess it's a new way to wake people up..."

The rest of our day ended up being very... awkward. The kid ended up ignoring me. Ok, I get it. What he did was surprising but it wasn't a bad thing, nor should it make things awkward. I honestly feel like the kid doesn't like me, at all.

Right after I got up, I found out that Mama Virgil had been cooking. And he wouldn't let us do anything until we ate. Not that I minded. His cooking was yummy.

We did nothing after eating. Watching TV, bickering, eating, watching more TV. That was pretty much our day. The day time anyway. Nighttime was... slightly different.

The TV was currently on and Sam and Ed were playing video games. Oh, yeah, we bought a PlayStation or whatever that thing was called, along with some games. This only happened cause the guys wanted video games and honestly, I did too. Nothing better to do, so we might as well play.

Anyway, Sam and Ed were sited on the floor, in order to play the game that they were so crazily concentrated on. The rest of us just sat on the couches. Watching the two youngest teens of the group yell words in their native languages whenever something happened that they didn't like, was fun.

I had already learned every type of Japanese's curse word you could possibly say. Sam doesn't usually say them unless it's something like this. A game, where she might be losing. Plus I had a dictionary for this very reason. Yes, it included, for some reason, Japanese curse words. So it's hilarious.

I'd laugh whenever Sam would accidentally curse, but I'd also laugh when Ed did it. Though, with him, it was easier to know when he's cursing or not. When you've spent as much time with Claire as I have, you know pretty much everything, in Spanish at least. That girl was never a clean mouthed person.

"Be right back." I heard a few grunts in reply as I lifted myself off the couch and moved towards the hall. Duty calls... though, I didn't get very far. When I was passing by one of the windows, I had the bright idea of looking outside. "Anyone else see the second moon that casually just spawned in the sky?"

"Wait what?!"

I looked at him. "The second moon. Right there." I pointed towards the sky while the guys just gawked at me.

Virgil got up and walked over to me. Looking outside his eyes visibly widen. "No way."

"Yes, way." He shot me a short glare. "Looks weird."

"Yeah-"

"Uh... guys... you might want to have a look at this." They weren't playing that game anymore, someone probably won. The TV was still on but it was on a news channel now.

"There's panic across the country and around the world. What NASA calls an encroaching planetary body, is already having a gravitational impact on the earth."

We all looked at each other. 'This can't be good.'

"Ties have altered and so-called mini tidal waves have become common place. The US Weather Service is advising the populous to stay off the water and move inland from the coastlines."

The news only seem to get worse. Cat Grant's face slowly fell as she looked uncomfortably towards the camera.

"And it appears, this is only the beginning..."

We continued following the news until something new came up... the Reach, was on TV. This better be good.

"The Reach and the United Nations, take this unprovoked and aggressive threat very seriously."

"How ironic that he says unprovoked."

"Unfortunately, the Reach only has this single ship. Designed for peaceful exploration and diplomacy, and unequipped with weapons."

I rolled my eyes. My ankle would disagree.

"Nevertheless, we pledge solidarity with the people of earth. The Reach will not abandon you!"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Next Chapter Preview:

"Claire? How did you-" Needless to say, I was surprised. My best friend had somehow gotten my new number.

"Felicity... I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have called... but I need you..."

"What happened?"

"Jaime... he... he..." Her voice began to shake. The hell did this guy do...

"He what? What happened?"