Dreams

"You really don't know when to keep your mouth shut... do you?"

"Look, I'm sorry, ok? It just came out."

"Cause the kid asked you."

Rolling her eyes, the youngest of the two dropped her bat on the seat beside her. "So, you think he'll actually go?"

"It's my old man. What do you think?"

"And the chances that he'll talk about you, are?"

"Slim."

Blinking a few times the female laughed. "If you say so."

____________________________________________________________________

My body felt light, but I wasn't floating, in actuality, my feet where firmly planted on the ground. It felt as if my body had been left here and I just dived right back in. I wanted my eyes to open, but they fought against me, denying my requests to see the world that surrounded me.

A surprised gasp followed by a door closing immediately after is what caused my eyes to shoot open, only to be met with the surprised face of Maria who held her hands over her mouth in shock while staring at me. Shaking her head a few times and rubbing her hands over her eyes as if to make sure who she saw standing before her was real or just a fragment of her imagination, she broke into a sprint in my direction.

"F-Felicidade!" She ran over to me and glomped me in a tight hug. "Sentia tantas saudades tuas. (I missed you so much.)" My eyes softened as I returned the embrace. "Estou tão feliz por saber que isto é real!" She shook lightly, causing me to pat her head.

"I've missed you too."

"A tua nonna está a tua espera. (Your grandma is waiting for you.)" She slowly let me go and took a step back. 'Grandma...' "Estás preparada? (Are you ready?)" I gave a curt nod before walking to the front door. 'This is it... it's been 2 months... I can do this!'

And then I stopped with my shaky hand inches away from the doorknob, I turned to look back at her as the events that stood before me hit me like a bus and I found myself just a few feet above the two teen girls that had hugged not even a moment ago. I was me for a second, hugging Maria again and talking to her, but I had no control of my movements or of my own thoughts.

Without even having time to think, the scene in front of me faded only to be replaced with a different one. This time I wasn't in front of my house nor was I watching everything unfold from my own eyes within my physical body.

I was, once again,  floating just a few feet above a short-haired girl on a desk with her back still turned to the door and towards me. I recognized the girl and the room from one of my last dreams. This time though, the room looked more organized and compact with fewer papers, clothes and just random everyday objects scattered all over the floor.

She continued furiously scribbling on the papers on the desk before letting out a screech and grabbing her hair in frustration as her head dropped on the desk with a thud.

The door to the room opened not even a second later allowing access to a young woman around 20 or so, her short brown hair with blue highlights bouncing from side to side with each step she took towards the girl. "Kiddo you should probably rest. You've been at this for hours."

Without even turning around and with her head still on the desk, she let out a discouraged grunt making the woman laugh and pat her head.

And then, once more, the scene faded from my sight, shifting from a bedroom to a whiteish and greyish room that looked a lot like the one the others and I had been "trained" and tested within... Star Labs, making me feel somewhat uneasy.