Heroes to the Rescue

I could hear everything around me even after having been rendered somewhat unconscious. We had been able to fight off the rest of the Reach soldiers and have the fatherbox take us to Superboy... unfortunately, the world seems to have some kind of hatred towards us, as the scene played out like this:

Tye used his Astro Form to pull up a giant door-wall-thing since the fatherbox said that Superboy was behind it... it was correct, but what I saw only made my body became tense. 'This is...'

You know that moment when something seems so familiar that it's almost like a dream? Something that makes your body shudder with fright and freeze up in anticipation? Sort of like a sense of... Déjà vu? Yeah, same here, I know the feeling... I'm going through it right now. 'This is the same place from my dream...' There were pods littering the place from the ceiling to the ground. No matter where you looked you would only see more and more, most were empty with only a few having anyone within them... those "anyone" were the Heroes...

"Oh, man... there they are..."

"Looks like they're frozen."

Then our biggest nightmare felt like making his grand entrance... "They are in stasis."  I didn't even want to look back, I knew who it was... we knew who it was... "And you will join them soon enough." Black Beetle...

Glad to say that we hadn't joined them, but we didn't get away from him either... more like, getting thrown down like used up rags:

My body didn't want to answer me. I wanted to run, but my body was frozen in fear. I knew we didn't stand a chance against him... how Ed and I had even been conscious as long as we were on the last fight was still a mystery to me...

Finally, I managed to turn around, but as soon as I did my entire body began to itch. I remembered everything, it hadn't even been a week since the fight... since the betrayal... so everything was still freshly engraved in our minds...

"Guys... we can't win..."

"Please, don't let that stop you from attacking me. I could use the exercise, but this time, do make it more entertaining." I don't know if it's just me, but his voice continued getting creepier and creepier...

Tye, surprisingly, was the one to attack Black Beetle. I knew he was probably the most fearless out of all of us, but it still surprised me... sadly, that wast all that surprised me.

Black Beetle threw Tye on the ground and used his sonic cannon to break Tye's Astro Form concentration by causing him pain, rendering him unconscious.

"Tye!"

"Please tell me he did not just take out our big gun in three seconds flat." 'That was faster than last time...'

"Scatter!"

Now that I think about it, running would have been a good idea... if my body had felt like listening at the right time. We had all been knocked out quite quickly. We still weren't at our full capacities. We were still tired. Our bodies were still stressed... and... we were still scared...

'Itchy...' Everything itched, my body and my mind were itching and it was annoying me like crazy. 'Open your eyes Goddamn it! You still got control!' It would be great if my body agreed... unfortunately, it didn't.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, I cracked my eyes open. Everything was sort of blurred. I heard a metallic sound slowly grow near and shifted my attention upwards. Narrowing my eyes I was able to distinguish a body standing over me. Once my vision cleared completely, I was faced with the images of Black Beetle looking down at me. 'Well, shit.'