Prediction

Holographic Statues/ Memories (last chap name).

I didn't answer them. I already understood and knew all of this! Repeating the same thing over and over again isn't going to do anything! It's just annoying! It just makes me feel more and more guilty... I already understood that I needed to stop and change, and I was- am going to, but it's not something that I can do from one day to the other without faking everything... which would be extremely obvious. I don't want to bring everyone else down with me or to make them feel miserable, but I need time to figure this out... that, to me, is the second stage of grieving... we suffer first and figure things out later...

Seeing as I wasn't answering, the person resumed their speech. "Alright, I know I got through to you quite a while ago, and I know that you understand what I'm saying..." They sounded almost desperate and regretful as they stopped, took a breath, and continued. "You understand my warning... but this isn't just going to affect your friends that spend every single day around you..."  Stopping once more, I felt them place their hands on my shoulders, squeezing them slightly. "I can't believe I'm doing this..."

In an instant, the darkness dissipated and a new scene formed itself in front of me though, this time, it wasn't a memory. It showed me sitting in my bed with my blankets wrapped around my shoulders as I stared at the ceiling, and Asami in her bed with her back against the wall as she silently read a book, glancing at me ever so often. After a few seconds, it changed to different parts of the house; first, it showed Virgil and Tye's room. They were in their beds, talking to each other. Then, it changed again, showing Ed in his bedroom with his phone in hand and an annoyed expression slowly growing on his face before he chucked the phone to the other side of the room. It changed once more to show Arsenal standing in what seemed to be a small forest in space, staring up at two holograms... one showed Kid Flash posing victoriously and the other... Mariana, holding and leaning onto her bat with one hand while the other stood on her hip and a slightly smug expression on her face.

I suddenly felt uneasy as I stared at the holograms. I could feel my stomach churn as nervousness began to build up in my throat. "What is this?"

"This is one of the possible future outcomes that might become a reality if you continue allowing yourself to grieve... uh... this way... but I'm not, in any way, saying that you shouldn't grieve or feel like shit after all you've been through, but you have to stop and think... for more than five seconds, that is, about the consequences of your actions, even if not done on purpose, these things might still happen..."

When their words began to sink in, I began to feel trapped, and so, I struggled against their grip. The guilt was starting to manifest itself in my chest, causing it to tighten and my breathing to become ragged. This can't be my fault! How can one person cause this?! No... it couldn't... I-

"Hey... hey! Hey! Snap out of it!" Still not allowing me to see them, the person continued. "I never said that the fault was yours, but if you don't stop and think for a second... this WILL happen." My idiocy caused Mariana to... to... caused my best friend's older sister to... just because of me? Because of my choices? My reactions? I knew that I was hurting my friends by shutting them out, but I don't know any other way to react. I'm not the absolute best at talking about my feelings if everyone will just pity me in the end... but I never, in my wildest dreams- or nightmares, would have thought that my reactions would result in this kind of outcome...

____________________________________________________________________

A wave of shock spread through my body as my consciousness returned, and my eyes shot open. I was drenched in sweat, my heart was going wild, beating crazily within my chest, and I was breathing heavily. Taking a deep breath and with my hands holding tightly onto my loose pyjama blouse, I tried to normalise my breathing.

"You, ok?" Stopping momentarily, I allowed my mind to rationalise and process the fact that there was someone else with me, and that I was, unknowingly leaning against the said person since they were sited next to me.

I silently turned my head to look at the person. It was Eduardo. He didn't look mad or annoyed, just neutral. I wasn't sure how to react, so I ended up having a staring contest with him for what felt like an eternity. You know, until my eyes began to cry because I wasn't closing them. After what felt like another eternity, I shut my eyes, opened them and started blinking non-stop, forcing the burning sensation to a halt.

"H-Hi," I said with a wave. 'Stupid.' I probably looked and sounded dumb. I was sure that he was still mad at me, even if his face didn't physically show it, which only made me uneasy. His lack of response wasn't exactly helping either, I didn't know what else to say other than apologising which would, surely, piss him off, and I wasn't very keen on reentering the staring contest, so I forced myself into a sitting position, scooted away from him and began to fiddle with my fingers awkwardly.

"How do you feel?"

"Pardon?" I mentally facepalmed, I sounded so freaking stupid.

"You fainted." Raising a brow, I looked at him. 'I fainted? I could have sworn I went to bed.' "I was going to call Tye to take you to your room, but you weren't letting go. So I've been waiting for you to wake up for the past hour." I could feel my eyes widening as the words left his mouth.

"Sorry."

"It's whatever." And cue the defining, awkward silence. I could practically feel the tension grow as neither of us spoke. That uncomfortable moment of silence that only lasts a few seconds at max, but feels like two hundred years has begun.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Next Chapter Preview:

"I really am sorry though... about all of this. My reactions and... and just everything in general." It felt as if I was growing smaller with each word that I spoke.

Giving me one last look, he nodded, bid me goodnight, and went to sleep.