Faults

I stood next to Mariana as Claire and the Beetles got back onto their feet. Once back on his feet, Black Beetle only smirked and looked us straight in the eyes. "Wouldn't it be more fun if you had to fight your... friend?" Though his voice was scary, the distaste he felt for the word friend, didn't go unnoticed.

Not even a second later, Claire charged at Mariana, beginning their hand-to-hand combat.

It didn't take long for Mariana to get the upper hand and outmatch Claire. She hit her in the back of the neck causing Claire to fall on the floor, due to having been rendered unconscious.

As soon as she hit the ground, both Beetles decided to use their sonic cannons on us, throwing us both back.

My back hit the ground harshly and I struggled to turn onto my stomach. I wanted to get up, I needed to get up, but I couldn't...

My attention shifted to Mariana who was, by what I could see, unconscious. Her back was resting on a crate with a dent on it, presumably created from the force of her body slamming into it. Her head was down and her hair was messily out of its ponytail and falling on her face.

The sound of metal drew me out of my moment of skepticism and made me look forward. The Beetles were about to move toward us. 'No... no...'

"Ah, ah, ah! What part of cowardly don't you understand?" They stopped, looked around but didn't answer. "You won't be able to touch them. So there's no point in trying." They ignored her warning. "Well, guess I have no choice." Suddenly a zapping sound was heard followed by angry and pained grunts. "Leave."

Blue was the first one to give in. "Maybe we should listen."

I heard Black Beetle growl. "Alright, let's go." He turned away from me and Mariana, and towards Claire.

"Claire!" I wanted to run to her but my body felt heavy, incapacitating my movements.

"You meat bags truly are a handful." I helplessly watched as Black Beetle walked over to Claire and picked her up.

"No... Claire..."

__________________________________________________________________

I felt my body sway lightly from side to side before resting against something soft and warm. With a bit of struggle, I got my eyes open and took in my surroundings. I was in a car, a big car.

Squinting my eyes I tried to adjust to the surrounding darkness, the only illumination that was given was the street lights that we'd pass from time to time. I looked at the driver's seat. Mariana. 'Never thought she'd drive so softly...'

My eyes began to grow heavy again and my body was begging to go back into slumber. 'Sleep sounds great... but I don't want to remember everything...' But, it seems, that even against my best wishes, my body and my brain want what they want. And, so I fell back into a peaceful slumber... for the meantime.

__________________________________________________________________

Darkness. I was once again surrounded by darkness. Oh, goody. This is all I ever wanted. Please take note of the sarcasm. 'Where am I, this time?'

"Somewhere... and nowhere." A yelp ran past my lips as I swirled around. No one. You've got to be kidding me. The voice of a man rang around me as he laughed lightly. "Sorry, for scaring you." I looked around but continued not seeing anyone.