Nostalgia (Pt.1)

Sorry for how long it took to publish this chapter, and I know that I completely failed last week's deadline to which I again apologise for!!
I'm currently writing the next chapter, and I think that it'll be out by tomorrow.
Sorry again! >_<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, kid, wake up so that I can get you out of this cycle of misery."

The whisper echoed loudly in my head, throwing its order straight into my nervous system, resulting in me shooting up from my comfortable sleeping position with my eyes wide open, scanning every inch of the room. No one. There was no one in here, other than me...

I remained unmoving for a few seconds as I paid close attention, checking to see if the voice came back or if it was just a dream. 'Probably just a dream...'

"I'm not a dream, kid, now get up." Goosebumps spread themselves over my skin as the voice spoke once more. Loudly and plainly denying my first thought.

Before I had time to process what had been said to me, I found myself standing in front of mine and Asami's bedroom door with my hand already on the doorknob, holding the now open door steadily next to me.

On the other side of the door, everything was covered in darkness due to there being no existent light source, natural or man-made, hindering my vision unusable. Narrowing my eyes, I tried to get them accustomed to the dark so that I wouldn't, by any chance, kick or fall over something, and with a slow, unsteady step forward, I stepped into the living room as the room door slammed shut behind me, causing wind to fly past and more goosebumps to form on my skin.

No sound left my mouth after the door closed, not even a slight squeak of terror or surprise. Just the stiffening of my shaky body as my hands grabbed the sides my shorts. 'What's going on?'

"You know, if you just stand there looking all scared and depressed, you're not gonna get over this, so keep walking." Every word spoken was another shiver down my spine and a punch in my gut. And as if their words weren't enough, the person behind the voice thought it would be a good idea to push me forward so that I'd move. I ended up skidding onto the floor before the person behind the voice helped me to my feet. "Sorry kiddo, but you gotta move, if you don't leave this little bubble of sadness and self-pity, you're gonna bring everyone else down with you, and we can't have that."

With a less forceful shove, the person got me to start walking. I was still shaking and unsteady, but I was walking. It was odd... not the walking, but the fact that it felt like the room was getting bigger and bigger, and the furniture was getting further and further away... and, honestly, I was already getting tired. Even though I haven't walked for more than three minutes, I felt drained, and I wanted to stop and lie down on the floor.

"C'mon kid, don't go giving up now. The heart-wrenching shit hasn't even started yet." Swinging lightly from side to side, I could feel my legs giving out as I began to fall to the side only to be caught by the owner of the voice. "Alright, maybe that wasn't the most motivational thing to say, but, in my defence, I'm not your little Argentinian friend." They had already helped me standstill when they mentioned Ed. I didn't have any visible reaction, but you could hear my breath hitch. "Good, I got your attention. The kid gave a good... speech... you should listen."

Even with me knowing that it would hurt my throat, I opened my mouth and spoke, or tried to, at least. "I- did..." I was correct, the feeling of knives slicing the inside of my throat irrupted from it almost immediately after the words left my lips, which made me regret talking... just a little.