Trust

"And just where is this person that you want me to meet and that can inevitably "help" me?"

"Belle Reve Penitentiary."

"I think I've heard of that place..." The name sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place it. Taking notice of my distress Arsenal was quick to intervene giving us info on the Penitentiary.

"Its a high-security prison for super-villains and Meta-humans. They can't use their powers in there because of the inhibitor collars that are put around their necks." My head turned to look behind me as I nodded, taking in his information. "Not even Superman can break in since the walls are strong enough to withstand even his super-human strength." 'Why would my father want to take me there? I mean it's a prison... so what could I possibly want there?'

"Why do you want to take Felicity to a high-security prison?"

"There's someone important there."

"Who? If the person is that important then you shouldn't have any problem in telling us."

"It's personal."

"You didn't seem to have any problem telling us everything else and we are not letting her go with you without answers." The murderous aura that surrounded Tye scared even me. He stopped leaning against the couch as he pushed himself forward waiting eagerly for my father's answer with his arms crossed and a scowl plastered on his face.

____________________________________________________________________

"Alright, drop me off here."

"You don't want us to know where they live, do you?"

"Of course, not. I'm not ratting those kids out to you, and don't even think about reading my mind either because you won't be able to."

"We wouldn't-"

"Of course, not! What a dumb idea!"

"Look, I'm sorry that we lied to you, but-"

"Oh, no, you don't. You people called me about three months ago to tell me that one of my best friends was dead and I've been in mourning since then. I had to push those thoughts away and stop mourning a few weeks ago since I needed to help a bunch of kids because you people failed to do so."

"Look we're sorry, but-"

"I'm not finished! And after all this shit, I find out that you all lied to me- no, not only to me but to everyone! Your whole team! Your families! Your friends! You lied to everyone. You allowed them to mourn for no reason. To suffer for no other reason than your it's for the greater good bullshit. That's unforgivable."

"..."

"And you people wonder why I left. As the years go by it's like you guys can only do shit. Gringos de mierda."

"Mariana you know it's not like that-"

"I don't want to hear it. Take the ship down."

____________________________________________________________________

A few hours later, and still no answer from the man sitting opposite from us. He just stood there silently studying our faces and reactions as he continued not answering the question of exactly why he wanted to take me to a High-security prison for super-villains and who he wanted me to meet which, quite honestly... was pissing us off...

From my left side, you could hear Tye's foot, tapping patiently on the floor as his patience ran thinner and thinner. Virgil, Ed, and Arsenal had, after getting tired of standing, sat down. Arsenal sat on the arm of the couch we were on while Virgil sat on the opposite arm from the same couch. Ed decided to, unlike the others, sit on the floor in front of us while leaning back on the couch since Sam had her legs close to her chest and feet on the couch.