Goodbye (Finale Part 2)

I watched in horror as my friends vanished from my sight, their heart-wrenching screams ceased, and the world around me turned to dust. 'What's happening?' Of course, we question things in our own mind, still expecting a magical entity to pop up out of nowhere and provide us with an answer. Yeah, safe to say that I didn't have any mystical answer and my question remained out in the open just waiting impatiently.

I felt my body fade into the nothingness that surrounded me before the feeling of weightlessness took over. The world around me was shrouded in a thick, quiet, and unnerving darkness, preventing me from seeing the world that no longer existed.

After a few minutes, my feet found their place on the ground once more, but the lack of light persisted, forbidding me from- No, wait... my eyes are closed. Let me just open those... and, now, I want them closed again. Yup, it'll be less painful for my fragile pupils.

Once I became accustomed to the bright light that flooded my vision, I found that I stood in the middle of a long unknown hallway with what seemed to be broken fragments of light. They were all over the place, no matter where I looked, there was always more. 'Where the hell am I?' I looked down the long hallway, but I couldn't see the end of it due to the bright lights, so I decided to find the end of it myself.

"C'mon Claire! Hurry! She's getting away!"

"Também sinto saudades vossas. (I miss you too.)"

"This is my boyfriend, Jaime."

Voices started buzzing around me. I tried to ignore them as they grew louder the deeper I walked into the hallway. They came from the left, the right, above me, and even from below me. I dared not look towards the voices as my feet continued moving unannounced.

"I scream! You scream! We all scream for Ice Cream! Gimme!"

"Felicity, look what I made! Isn't it cool?"

"Have fun explaining this to her."

As soon as the words hit my ears, my feet planted themselves firmly on the ground as I dared not look or move to the side. Instead, I listened carefully to the words... then the phrase that most hurt me struck:

"I'm sorry, chica... but... that was not your father... it was a lie to get you to go with him... that man was your uncle..."

And in an instant, I took off running, dashing down the never-ending hallway of torment as more voices penetrated my ears.

'I look pathetic... I am pathetic...'

"It was a lie... It was all a lie! He's dead! They're dead!"

"Felicidade... já decidi o que vou fazer, mas preciso que me ouças e nem tentes reclamar. (Felicity... I've decided what I'm going to do, but I need you to listen and don't object.)"

"You meat bags truly are a handful."

I wanted to scream out. To make them stop. To shut them up and just have peace. I could feel tears prickling the corner of my eyes, but I won't let them fall. I won't feel sorry. I could practically hear Ed and Claire talking beside me:

"If you don't get yourself together, I'll teleport you to Alaska."

"Felicity, you're stronger than this, c'mon! If you don't get yourself together, I'm knocking you out!"