Simple? Never.

It was supposed to be simple. Get in, gather Intel, then get out.
Observe and report. Simple.
But of course, something always goes wrong for the team.

They were paired in twos:
Aqualad and Superboy
Artemis with Miss Martian and
Robin and Kid Flash.

Artemis and Miss Martian were to be on lookout duty and scope out the perimeter. If anything were to happen Aqualad and Superboy were to be the distractions since they're a lot stronger. Finally Robin and Kid Flash were to get to the main control room and download all the information onto a flash drive.

"Robin, this is sooo boring," groaned Kid Flash, eating a granola bar.
"Sorry KF, but hacking is an art that can't be rushed," Robin said.
"That's a bunch of bull Rob, and you know it." Kid said with a glare, "you're just stalking people now." He finished with an eye roll.

"Guilty as char-wait. Somethings not right." Robin stopped with narrowed eyes.
KF leaned over Robin's shoulder, mouth full of granola. "Whaph ish it?" 
"Look at all those scientists. What are they doing in that one room?... No one is really supposed to be here come to think of it. Wait, the files loaded.. Oh.."

"What?" Kid Flash interrupted.
Robin looked over with a glare, "if you let me finish. It's Cadmus. They're mixing animal DNA with human DNA." They shared a look, "we have to tell the team."

'Miss M, you there?' Robin thought, seeking out to the team.

'Robin? What is it?' Aqualad questioned.

'You guys aren't gonna like what we fou-' "Aaaaaahhhhhh!"
KF was cut off by a scream.

'What was that?' Superboy growled more than asked.

'... The hostages?" KF questioned back, sounding unsure.

'Hostages!? Why didn't you two idiots tell us!?' Artemis screeched in their heads.

'That's what we were getting at Artemis,' Robin said annoyed.

'Team meet up at the front of the building. Robin, Kid Flash you two run ahead, we'll meet you there.'

'Got it,' they both said.

Robin hopped on Kid Flash's back, getting there in a second, but by the time they got there the screaming stopped and all was silent.
They shared a look before charging in without a second thought.
What they saw was terrifying.

Five dead bodies were lying on separate tables, but that's not what the horrifying part was.
Some had horns poking out of their heads, blood gushing out.
One had feathers poking through, which looked very painful because they weren't completely out of the skin. With something like dog ears on their head.
Some even had tails, but each spot was bloody. Not just with the new limbs, but pouring out of every socket.

The eyes, nose, mouth, ears. Everywhere!
They couldn't even tell what was female and what was male anymore.
Kid looked like he was about to hurl. What snapped them out of it was the alarms going off and guards running into the room.

The scientists took off running, but before they could make it out Superboy came through, charging at them with an animalistic roar. Next came Aqualad, then Artemis, and lastly Miss Martian. Miss Martian recoiled in fear and disgust.

'Those poor people,' she said with tears in her eyes.

'Now is not the time, we will get them later, or... Kid, get these people and run them out. They need to be out of the way and their families need to know what has happened to them.' Aqualad ordered,