Chapter 2

"What the fuck!" I pushed through the crowd of people to get to the front. Fear got on me and I was literally scared out of my mind. Where's my mom and dad? I pushed through until an officer stopped me.

"You can't come through here." The Officer raised his hand to me. Not moving a muscle.

"Oh yes I fucking can! I live here!" I shoved him out of the way and went into my house. Scared shitless for what I was about to find. Hoping that just maybe, my family was okay.

The damage I saw scared me shitless. Everything burnt down. I went to the kitchen and saw a body there. As my body started to shake, I turned the body over and saw my mom there. Her throat was slit and body marked with bloody marks and bites from her neck to her legs, blood everywhere. I started running to the living room and that's where I saw my dad with the same damage. Tears bursting hoping this was a nightmare and I will wake up to get ready for my half day of school.

"NO NO NO NO!" I yelled. Tears coming out as a waterfall, blood dripping from my hands and bodies of my family. As I started turning around, body shaking, I looked at the wall with writing in blood. "You're next...." I read and beamed out of the house. Sobbing so much, makeup dripping down.

As I ran outside, I pulled out my phone and called my best friend Kyle. As soon as he picked up I told him, "Get here now!" Trying to stop sobbing so I can speak.

"Lilith, what's wrong? I'm already on my way." Than there was a pause and a car at the gate that belongs to Kyle. He drove up and ran to me.

Kyle pulled me into him and I started crying more and more. "What happened Lilith" seeing the concern in his eyes.

I tried to produce words but I couldn't as I was shaking and crying so much. He took me to the ambulance and the guy put a towel around me. He was trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear what he was saying. I started shaking too much and uncontrollably. All of a sudden I saw darkness.

I woke up on a bed and thought to myself, thank god it was only a nightmare. Than I looked around and saw that I was in the hospitable. I looked to my right and there saw Kyle sitting in a chair watching me carefully.

"Kyle?" I quietly said. "What happened?" Looking around the room I was in, blank white walls with a couple of portraits on the wall and a hanging TV. "Why am I in a hospital?"

"Oh Lilith I'm so sorry." He came over to me and put his arm around me. Then it hit me, it was no nightmare. What I saw back home was my reality and none of this was fake.

"This wasn't a nightmare." I said quietly. Not directly talking to anyone but myself. Seeing everything I saw repeating inside my head over and over.

"It wasn't..." He replied. "The doctors said you were in too much of a shock and blacked out; but, you are okay though." He said before I could even ask.

"Who did this?" I asked even knowing he didn't know. Not even I could think of that would do such a thing. My family wasn't one to obtain enemies. We hardly socialized with others besides school events. Plus they worked too much to even gain a single one.

"I don't know. The police are here, wanting to talk to you. They are outside waiting." He told me. I nodded to him letting him know I was ready. Honestly, I wasn't but they wouldn't leave until I talk to them.

As he got up to get the officers, I stared in silence. What could have happened? My family...they had animal marks, cuts, and strange markings... but the wall...it was a human writing. I couldn't glue anything together. I wanted to cry but I couldn't even produce tears. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. As I looked at the door I see Kyle with two police officers. I nodded to them to come in.