Chapter 27

After getting the last bit of decorations placed outside in the backyard of my house, I looked at the scenery and realized we were finished. I hooked up the music to Quin speakers that he let me borrow.

"Talk about a rollercoaster," Stefan said as he walked up to me.

"How do you mean?" I asked him.

"Everything that has happened. With your parents, us, the SIA, everything," he answered.

"Don't forget almost dying," I joked.

"Yeah, that part wasn't as fun," Stefan chuckled.

"Well the guests are here," I looked over to see Lord Thornes and Ravakin. I walked over to them so that I can greet them.

"Glad you guys made it," I sincerely said to Lord Thornes and Ravakin.

"Ah Lilith, a pleasure to see you again," Ravakin said.

"Thanks for the invite," Lord Thornes said. "I got word from Lord Angus and it does seem that everything is under control."

"Good, because I am too tired to go through another battle," I joked.

"Yes, well thank you again for all that you have done," Lord Thornes nodded. "Ah, I see my son," Lord Thornes and Ravakin both walked over to Drake.

As I turned around, I saw Thea and Kyle's parents walking in. Thea went directly to Lord Thornes. Kyle's parents saw me and walked over with a smile.

"Oh Lilith, I heard what happened on your guy's mission and I am so happy that you are okay," Laurie McKennel said.

"Our son filled us in on what happened and I must say, you are such a remarkable young girl," Steven McKennel said.

"Your mother and father would be so proud of how you turned out," Laurie smiled.

"Thank you," I told both of them. I really did hope that my parents would be proud of the woman I am becoming. Looking back, it felt so long ago that my life was turned upside down.

Kyle and Drake came up to us and by looking at Kyle's face, I could tell he was nervous. Kyle looked at me and I gave him a small nod in confidence.

"Mom, Dad, I have something to tell you," Kyle started out. "I am dating someone," he said.

"Oh how wonderful!" Laurie clapped her hands together. "Where is she?" Laurie looked around hoping she would spot her.

"And who is this lucky girl?" Steven asked his son. "Is she here?"

"That's what I wanted to tell you about," Kyle said softly.

"Is everything alright?" Laurie asked her son.

"It's not a she," Kyle said quietly.

Laurie and Steven both looked puzzled and instantly looked at Drake. They both had a confused look but didn't look neither happy or upset.

"This is Drake, he is the son of Lord Thornes and also my boyfriend," Kyle spoke a bit louder. Kyle put his arm around Drake while Drake leaned his head onto Kyle.

"Oh sweetie," Laurie said.

"Mom, please don't be upset with me," Kyle frowned.

"Oh honey, I'm not upset. Sure, it is a bit of a shock as back in high school with the girls you have dated, but as long as you are happy, that's all that matters," she set her hand on Kyle's shoulder. "I love you no matter who you want to date."