Chapter 20

Darkness, black void was all that I could see...or could not see. Pain was all I could feel. If I could feel the pain that means I am not dead...right? I could not open my eyes, not only because of the pain but afraid of what I may see. At random points in time, I would hear faint voices but I was not sure who they belonged to. All of a sudden I could hear a metal sound creaking and a breeze hitting me.

"Is she alive?" A thick Australian accent questioned. I couldn't recognize who it was.

"When Lord Angus Delaney brought her in, he said she was. He only knocked her out cold, not kill her...yet that is," another thick Australian accent answered.

"What are we going to do with her?" One of them questioned.

"She will pay for what she has done. She has intervened too much and been trouble for far too long. Whatever Lord Angus Delaney does, she has had it coming for some time," the other one said.

When it got quiet, I could feel two cold fingers on my neck and took me a lot to remain still so that they can believe I am still out cold. The one who went to reach for a pulse announced to the other one that I was alive. After that, I heard the metal screeching noise again into a shut.

I waited for a few moments to see if they or anyone else decided to come back. Once I felt it was safe as can be, I slowly opened my eyes. I take a glance around my surroundings and could see that I was trapped in a cell. Oh just fucking dandy. I couldn't believe it was the butler. Of course in any game or mystery movies that tries to solve who committed the murder, it is always the butler. What I still could not wrap my head around was, if Angus Delaney is still alive, who is the corpse in the burial chambers back at the mansion?

After a few long minutes of waiting to see if someone was coming back to check up on me, I heard nothing but silence. I slowly got into a sitting position and scooted back to the wall. Where was I? I couldn't see anything that could remarkably tell me where I could be. I looked down at myself and realized, I am not even wearing the right clothes. Hold up, did someone strip me down naked and gave me these...rugs? I looked at my shirt and saw that it was a plan white shirt and for my bottom wear, old worn out sweats.

I looked to my right and there was a standing curtain and a bucket. What was the bucket for? Then it hit me. No...no...that is absurd! They expect me to use the bucket as a fucking toliet? What am I? Some hostage? Wait...I am a hostage...well shit. I still refuse to downgrade myself like that by using some fucking bucket for my...'goings.' This is just not right. I mean at least they provided a curtain.

I tried to move my arms and I could see them chained up along with my legs. Well great, even if I do end up using that damn bucket I hardly have move to start the process. Assholes. You're seriously bitching about the damn bucket while your friends could be dead and you being locked up, you are one freak. "You have no idea..." I mumbled back to myself.

Think Lilith, think. How does one escape a cage and get the fuck out of here. I am weaponless so fighting seems out of the question. First I need to find out where I am before I can provide a detailed plan to escape this hell hole.

"Ah the prisoner is awake, splendid. I wonder when you would wake up. Lord Angus Delaney will be pleased to know," a guard came over to my cage.

"Where am I?" I really hope I am still in England.

"Australia...mate," he spat mate out.

Australia? How long was I fucking out for? "How long was I out for?"

"A couple of days, he must've gotten you good. Though sedatives also came in handy, to make sure you were really out," he smirked.

"Why are you doing this," I asked quietly.