Chapter 4

Now it was Stefan's turn to laugh. "Your brother?" He continued to laugh and then stopped when he saw the anger look I had. He shook his head, "No. Why would you think that?" He wondered.

"I remember looking back through a drawer of pictures, she had a picture of her and my dad with a young boy who actually looked like you." I explained.

"We were close. Your parents and I. I ended up working in that organization at a younger age, learning to become a hunter. Joining the forces, training day after day. Your parents were basically the first friends I ever had as weird that may sound."

"I don't think that's weird. I think that is great actually. I'm glad my parents could be there for you." I gave him a genuine smile.

"So what are you going to do?" Stefan asked. He gave me a worried look as if I was going to jump through a window and screaming with my arms waving in the air.

"What do you mean?" Maybe I should just jump out of the window and yell like a crazy woman. I already feel crazy just by learning all of this.

"You could spend the night here if you want since it's already late." He smiled. "There's no one else here but me in this home and I got the room for you to stay."

As I looked at the time, I saw it was almost 2:30 in the morning. "Okay, sure. I just got to give Kyle a call." Shit. I did not realize how much time has passed since I last saw Kyle. I'm sure he is freaking out right about now of why I have not called him yet. He probably thinks I'm dead now.

When I called Kyle, he picked up on the first ring and basically yelled, "Lilith! Thank god you're alive! I thought something awful happened to you since you never called me back!"

"Sorry Kyle, I've been talking to Stefan..." I started out saying before getting interrupted.

"I swear if that asshole did anything..." I stopped him from continuing.

"Would you relax already. No. He did not do anything to me. Long story short he was actually close to my parents and before you ask, yes that is true. He even has pictures with them even when he was younger." I explained

"Well...that is good." Kyle calmed down a bit. "Do you want me to pick you up?" He asked.

"I'm actually going to stay the night here. He has a big house and it is only him who lives here. He has a room for me and everything so I will be okay. I will call you later though, alright?" I told him.

"Sure." He sounded hurt. "Promise?" He asked.

"Promise." I responded.

"Okay, talk to you later." We hung up and I faced Stefan again.

"Everything good?" He wondered. "He didn't think I killed you did he?"

"Oh yeah, he thought you may have done something to me. He was basically freaking out. After I explained to him how you knew my family, he calmed down more. I'll stay here but I don't have any more clothes. You know, with the fire and all." I said.

"I got you covered. The room you were in before, I left more clothes there." He replied.

"How do you even know my size?" That was something of what I wondered. He was able to find my size in this outfit, though I am not sure if it was just pure out of luck.

"When I was first at your house, I tried to scavenge some stuff such as clothes and they were all ruined. I was able to see the sizes just barely so when you took your shower, I went out to get you some clothes." He explained.

"How did you know I was going to stay though?"

"I didn't, but either way, you would of had clothes." He answered.