Chapter 9

Stefan and I met up with Calico and Kyle. We were ready to start our mission, I will still bit anxious but far less nervous than I was. I couldn't believe that I am going to England. I'll be honest, I always wanted to see England, I just never expected to be going on a mission to hunt down vampires. If my present self went back in time to my younger self and told me this was going to happen, I would think I was crazy and need to be locked up in a mental institute. Yet, here I am. Going to England to hunt down some vampires.

"Before we go," Calico started out, "Lilith, I have something for you."

I looked at him and wondered what it could be. He gave me a box and was eager for me to see it. I opened up the box and inside it was a black pure leather jacket. I was awed. I put it on and it was a perfect fit. "Thank you Calico!" I surprised him with a hug.

"It used to be your mothers," my uncle said. "I went to your old home and I found this jacket still in pristine condition. I thought that you may of wanted this."

I was awed and shocked at the same time. I finally have something to remind me of my mother and it was this exact jacket. I remember how she would wear this for work and how much I loved her jacket. At times I would put it on and loved the feeling it gave me. I remember my mother telling me that when I get older, she would give me this jacket. "Thank you Calico, I love it." He gave me a nod and went into transporting us to England.

"Alright kids, here we are. Welcome to England. Fun fact, known to history, this was where the first vampire originally came from. To your left, there are some food tours and on your right is a book store. Thanks for choosing me as your tour guide, tips are appreciated," Calico said acting like one of those tour guides.

"Where exactly are we?" I questioned Calico. "How are we supposed to know exactly where the council is?"

"This city is known as Eripmav, ironically it is vampire spelt backwards. Not much of a clever name if you ask me but hey, I didn't find this place so not my problem. As to where the council would be located, all I know is that it is in the heart of this city." Calico explained.

"Will you be joining us or heading back?" I asked him. I kind of hope that he will stick with us, never know when we may need backup. Now to think of it, Stefan is the only one besides Calico that understands the supernatural world as Kyle and I are still new to all of this.

"I think I will stay with you guys. It is your guys first mission, besides for Stefan, of course. Plus, I have never seen the council members all together, especially in one setting," Calico stated.

"You mean they don't always stick together?" I was a bit shocked. Since this is the original area where Vampires came from, I figured the councils always stick together.

"Only recently have they been grouped. You see, each of the council members are scattered around the world. Due to the rogue vampires and the increase of deaths, they fear a takeover will happen." Calico lectured. "This does not happen often so for them to be together makes it much more significant."

After taking everything in, we head off to explore what the 'heart of the city' would be. Scanning around the area, I realized this city is abandoned. Shops closed up, buildings partially destroyed or have sufficient damage. Looking at the buildings, they don't even look modern, more ancient if even. I can see why they chose this city, less humans, less attraction to them.

It's been about a couple of hours and we still came up blank. We still had no clue where we were exactly besides somewhere in this city. At times we would see someone lingering in the alley which I would assume would be a vampire. I was starting to get tired and really bored. As I was about to say something, I heard a scream.