Chapter 24

"What is the meaning behind this!" Lord Lazarus Thornes shouted from where he was sitting.

"For far too long, we have been following your rules blindly, not being able to live free as vampires should be! Humans are not our friends, they are our snacks and slaves! They are under us you old fool. You wanted peace and you have forced onto everyone else. Today, we have a new ruler and that ruler will be me, Lord Delaney. Today should be known as the day we vampires live free and true!" he cheered.

"What are you going to do with my boy?" Lord Thornes said softly as he was defeated.

"That all depends on the boy," Lord Delaney looked at Drake. "What side will you join?"

"I will be joining the vampires," Drake answered.

As Lord Delaney nodded, he said, "Lord Angus, uncuff Drake," he ordered Angus.

As Angus went to uncuff Drake, I looked at his father and what it showed was defeated. He didn't seem to have no fight within him ever since Drake stated he was siding with the vampires.

"Lilith now, if you may," Lord Delaney nodded to my friends and uncle. "Finish them."

"You want the all powerful me to defeat someone who has a disadvantage? Shouldn't everyone witness the power that I hold?" I questioned him.

Lord Delaney thought about it and nodded. "You are right Lilith. Angus, uncuff them so that Lilith could show everyone her abilities."

As soon as Angus uncuff them I nodded to him. It was time to act.

"Angus, now!" I told him.

"Brother and sisters! I know there are some who does not see the same vision as Lord Delaney and would rather live how we have been. For those who do, stand to my right, your left. Let your voices be heard and let him know we will not allow this!"

Vampires started to move, from all over the stadium to their left. I know Angus said there was some but I didn't expect this many! I was awed in how many were sick and tired from how they were being treated from Lord Delaney.

"This is unacceptable!" Lord Delaney shrieked with anger. "You fools! You shall all die for your betrayal to me and to the vampire kind! Lilith, burn them all!"

I started laughing. Laughing so hard I could feel my face turn red. "Burn...them...all?" I laughed once more. Once I was able to calm down, I continued speaking. "You really think you are in any control to demand something of me? Actually, scratch that. You honestly believe that I would betray my friends and uncle to join such silly pack that wants to kill humankind? Have you even read the prophecy? Pretty sure that you are the fool here, 'Lord Delaney,'" I used my fingers as quotes to shame his title.

"Guards, kill them all!" Lord Delaney demanded.

Suddenly every guard there were battling each other. It amazed me how so many guards switched to our side. There was about half of them who joined us and half who stayed on Lord Delaney's side. Each were battling each other.

I ran to my friends and quickly thought of heat that could burn off the chains. "Damn it," I mumbled. "Fire won't work."

"Allow me," Angus quickly ran to our side and unlocked the chains. "I quickly stole these from Delaney," he smirked.

"Wow, Drake wasn't lying when he said you joined us," Stefan said.

"What's the plan now?" Calico asked me with his thick Irish accent.

"We fight," I said.

"Lilith, your fire won't hold much damage to them with their armor," Angus warned me.