Chapter 22

His scarlet red eyes followed my every movement, sharp teeth blistered out ready for any veins. I couldn't believe it was Lord Delaney...his son? What could be the reason for him wanting to start this revolution.

"Your son is your...boss?" I looked at Lord Angus

"Please, like I would listen to anyone below me," Lord Angus rolled his eyes. "He is my grandfather," he smirked.

Wait what? I could feel my brain trying to unravel this mess of confusion. "How were you able to switch roles without anyone knowing?"

"Simple, we never really left the country unless importance have risen but even so, I would have my grandfather go to the meetings and I disguised as the butler," Lord Angus explained.

"If you're the grandson...what happened to your father?" I asked him.

"Murdered by Lord Lazarus Thornes for which he will pay," Lord Angus's eyes lit up in flames and could swear I saw a red energy of aura around him. His eyes sparking up in vengeful fire flames with an evil smile he spread on his face.

I glanced over at the grandfather, Lord Delaney and him two had a fire aura glowing around him. Something was not right about this image. I must follow along so that I can gain their trust and find a way to destroy them.

"So Lilith," Lord Delaney started, "Angus tells me you want to join our cause. Why should I trust you when you have killed our people?" He narrowed his eyes at me seeking for the truth. If eyes could kill, his eyes were definitely in it for the kill.

"Lord Delaney, I do apologize for all the mess I have caused. You see, I do work for the SIA and than I came across Lord Thornes. I had them brainwash me without even knowing it, until Lord Angus told me the real truth behind your guy's plan. You guys are vampires and deserve to live as such. Having pity rules is like a spit on your kind. I for one could not stand if someone made rules about who I was. Now knowing what your actual plans are, I also would like to recruit Drake to go against his father and join the cause," I explained in all false honesty. If I am going to put on a show, I must play the part after all

As Lord Delaney strokes his chin, he starts to think about what I stated. "I can understand where the misunderstanding happened, perhaps we could work together. It would be foolish to waste this opportunity of course. With your powers, we can be unstoppable. Though, I'm sure you are already informed, but in order for me to really trust you, you must eliminate your friends. If Drake refuses to join our cause, he must be eliminated as well. Do you understand, girl?"

I nodded, "Of course Lord Delaney, though I do have one question though it is off the topic."

"Ask away," he said with a hint of annoyance.

"If you are the grandfather, how...why do you look so young? No offense, but shouldn't you look older?" I was puzzled about the aging of vampires and how it really works.

"I was turned at a young age, I was about sixteen which I was gifted with vampirism, I'm only fifteen thousand years old after all," he said as if it wasn't a big deal.

Holy shit, fifteen thousand? In that case, he will be stronger than I imagined. "Impressive, my lord," I said with a fake smile. "What is it that you would like me to do?"

"Go seek Drake and get him to join our cause...if he will that is," he said nonchalantly. "Angus, show Lilith the room she will be meeting him in," he ordered.

"Yes my lord," he bowed and off the two of us went.

During the walk to wherever he was taking me, I figured I could conjure up some conversation. "What do you think of your grandfather?" I wondered.