Chapter 10

"Prince Thornes, who exactly are these...delinquents?" The Butler said, giving us a stern disgusted look. "They are definitely not our kind."

Drake's eyes turned into a darker red, fangs out, and turned around to give a harsh look at his butler, "You will not speak to my friends that way. You disrespect them one more time and I will make sure you will regret that," giving him a dark glare.

"Yes Prince Thornes," giving him a bow, "my apologies." Taking his handkerchief to dab out his sweats. "Your father awaits you in the council meeting," trying to take the heat off from him.

"Very well. Lilith, Kyle, Stefan, and Calico, you guys may come with me but stick to the shadows. Try not to look like fools when you are spoken to, they are not the 'easy going' type.

The room that Drake and his butler led us to was a lot bigger than I anticipated. There was an oak made large table with thrones in the back. There were five thrones with each of them taken. The throne in the middle was the biggest so I assume was Drake's father, Lazarus Thornes. He seemed to be in his early forties, a nice clean shaven short black beard and short black hair. His eyes were also scarlet red but with a hint of green in his iris. His clothing was an old taste but a red suit with black slacks and black dress shoes. He's definitely attractive by far but not in my taste. The other council members looked a bit similar but different suits and the rest had regular scarlet eye colors. They looked younger, possibly mid thirties, besides the one who looked to be in his mid twenties; that must be the son of the deceased father who was the Australian council.

"Ah, my son has finally arrived, late as usual," his father started with a hint of annoyance. "Now that he is here, we can start our meeting."

"Lord Thornes, have you made any progress behind the rogue vampires?" The youngest with the Australian accent questioned. "More rogues have acted up back home and an end must meet."

"Regrettably, not yet. I have sent more men but it seems they must have met their fate," a hurt in his eyes shown but quickly changed back to a stern look. "Son, have you come across any new information? Perhaps from the people you have brought here without our permission?" His tone reached more to anger and his eyes glared at us from where we were standing in the shadows.

"Might as well come out guys," Drake said. As we walked over to Drake, gasps came from the councils as they didn't expect us to be non-vampires. "Lords, these are new friends who are here to help. This is Lilith, Kyle, Stefan, and Calico. They were sent on a task from the SIA to put an end to the rogue vampires," as Drake finished his statements, each of the councils broke out into laughter.

When they finally stopped laughing, Drake's father spoke, "You brought in these delinquents who are not even our kind before us? Worse, they are part of the SIA?" Lord Thornes sighed, "Son, if you're going to step up, you will need to grow up."

If vampires could turn red in anger, Drake would be blistering red. "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to be part of the fucking council father! How dare you treat my friends that way. They came here to help with a problem that apparently none of you guys have been able to solve. Everyday vampire's are dying because of the rogues and all you did was sit on your thrones and send even more people out to their deaths!"

The room fell dead silent. If you were to drop a pin, everyone would be able to hear it. This is definitely an awkward moment but all I could do was stare at the council members. All of them carried a shock expression from the outburst that took place. Lord Thornes on the other hand, did not carry any expressions. Even though I am good at reading people, he is one guy that I could not read. I glanced over to Drake and all he was doing was glaring at his father. Sheesh, talk about 'daddy issues.'