Chapter 23

This will all end tonight. I can not and will not let my mission and the fate of the people I have gain a connection with, be let down. As I thought more about my plan, the less likely I was feeling proud. There are flaws and one of the big ones is being betrayed. Quit that negative thinking and quite overthinking your plan. Kick ass and end it tonight when it starts. You are Lilith fucking Moonlight, you are powerful and you are strong. Light the show on fire and burn anyone who dares crosses you. For once, my subconscious mind gave me courage which was exactly what I needed. Besides, if you lose, your friends will die. Jeez...thanks. Way to sprinkle that on that message.

"Lilith, are you listening or not?" Angus said with a hint of annoyance, obviously trying to reach my attention.

"Sorry, kind of spaced out, what were you saying?" I mentally rolled my eyes at myself for getting distracted.

"The fight will begin tonight, when the moon rises, the big speech of Lord Delaney will begin. Is there anything we need to do in order for us to be prepared?" Angus asked cautiously.

"Did you inform my friends that it will start tonight?" They must be informed so they don't have to 'wing it' at the last second.

Angus nodded, "Yes, are we still sticking to the plan that you created?"

I thought about the question for a few moments. Will my plan actually work? What about the flaws that could happen? After thinking about it, I finally came to the conclusion. "We will stick by the plan I have made." Hopefully things does work in our favor. "Have you found anyone besides the one who will join our cause?"

Angus shook his head, "Negative. Though, it does not necessarily mean that it is a bad thing. Perhaps they want to keep their heads down until it is time."

That would be smart. "That is a good thinking," I said. "We can't give anything away no matter the small of it. One slip up and it could be our very lives. Where exactly will this be happening at?"

"The arena of course," Angus said as if I asked a stupid question.

My mouth dropped, "You mean the arena where people would fight to the death back in the olden times?"

"Of course," Angus said. "The arena is where we have our battles, duels, entertainment of course."

Suddenly a knock came from the door and Angus went to check to see who it was. I remained where I sat in the quarters of the lounge. Wondering what was taking so long, I had a gut feeling that it wasn't something good. Finally Angus came back and the look on his face meant my gut was right.

"Out with it. What's the bad news," I told Angus.

"Lord Delaney requests to see us," Angus said firmly.

"Requests? Than in that case, I respectfully decline his request minus out the respect part of course," I chuckled.

Angus rolled his eyes, "You know that is not how that works."

I shrugged, "Than they must stop saying 'requests' because technically it can be declined."

"Has anyone told you how obnoxious, smart-mouth you are?" Angus smirked.

"Hey, I may be a smartass but it is better than being a dumbass," I smirked back.

As we stopped in front of Lord Delaney's doors, many thoughts were hitting my mind, many where I couldn't keep focus on the thoughts. Angus knocked on the door as usual and Lord Delaney told us to come in.

"Ah, Lord Angus and Lilith, good timing," Lord Delaney said. "Lord Angus, you may leave us as I need to discuss something with Lilith here."

I tried to remain cool, calm, and collected, but in all honesty, my insides were rattling around. What could he possibly must speak to me about? I looked at Angus and gave him a small smile with a nod, indicating that I will be just fine. When Angus made his way out, Lord Delaney continued to talk.