Chapter 11

I was scared, my mind kept jumping from one end to another. As I took a glance over at Stefan, he was remaining calm. I kept pacing back and forth from our cell that we shared. We were still in chains and that made it more difficult to pace. As I tripped over my feet due from the chains, I heard Stefan make a chuckle. I could feel my cheeks burning in embarrassment and a bit of anger rising.

"Not funny Stefan," I glared at him.

"I mean, I found it pretty amusing despite the circumstances we are in," giving me another of his smirks.

"Have you not find a way out of this?" We have been in this cell for at least three hours with no sign from the others. I hope they are alright though.

"Do you have your phone still?" Stefan knew the answer but decided to ask.

"Nope and speaking of, why don't you have a phone? You're how old and have so much money, yet you don't have a cell phone." I know I shouldn't put the blame on him but being trapped in here changes a person.

"Regardless, even if I had a phone, wouldn't you think they would have found it when they took us?" Stefan responded.

I had to think of a way to get out of here. I looked at Stefan hoping for some type of signal. If there was supposed to be a signal, that signal has died out. I had to think of a way out and then it hit me. I figured out a way to get us out of here.

"Stefan," he looked at me, "I know how to get us out of here."

What felt like a couple of hours passed, the original guards who are working for the rogue vampire leader came to us. They unlocked our cells and roughly grabbed us, digging their fingers into my arms. As they guide us to some mysterious area, all I could do was put my best brave face on. None of the guards had any words to share so it was a dead silent walk. As we were heading outside, I could see that the sun was up. Why would they be sending us outside? For once I was on the same page.

When we were outside, I saw Lord Thornes and Lord Bornsman standing tall and mighty with many guards around them. The guards that holds us put us in a spotlight, our backs to the wall. I still haven't seen any of my friends. What if something terrible has happened to them? No Lilith, don't focus on that, focus on the plan.

"Here we have two traitors who works for the rogue of the vampires, they were caught red handed inside the burial room doing who knows what," Lord Thornes announced. "Now they will die a painful death!"

I focused on my ability to draw fire. As I think of heat and fiery depths, I could feel my insides burning. I then proceeded to concentrate on the legcuffs, directing the fire to destroy it. In a matter of seconds, the legcuffs broke so I proceeded onto the handcuffs. Focusing the fire onto the cuffs, it took a bit more but I was able to destroy it. I quickly did the same trick to Stefan's cuffs and in a matter of seconds we were both free.

"The prisoners have escaped!" Lord Bornsman announced.

"Ready to fight?" Directing my question to Stefan.

"Only by your side," he responded.

Right when we got into our battle stance, I could hear someone shouting but couldn't make it out. Another shouting happened and this time I was able to hear it.

"Stop the attacks!" As I heard the familiar voice I could see Drake speeding up to his father. "Father stop. These are not the enemies!"

"Impossible! They were caught sneaking in the burial chambers!" Lord Thornes responded angrily

"We were in the burial chambers, as in all of us! They are not the enemies!," Drake argued.

"You...why were you guys in the burial chamber?" Lord Thornes became more settled.