Chapter 3

As I walked downstairs, I could not see Stefan insight. I walked over to the next room which I assumed was the living room. I did not see him but I did see some pictures in frames. As curiosity came to me, I walked over to the pictures and was utterly speechless. It was some photos of him with my mom and dad. As I picked up the best one, I walked over to a couch and kept looking at it. I could feel my eyes are getting watery and tried to push them back. With all of my emotions, I failed. Tears kept on falling down and droplets falling on the frame. I missed my family. My mother and father. All gone. I was suppose to be with my parents for far longer. Now they are gone. Still remembering what I saw back home for the first time, it was a horrible nightmare that will never go away and continue being true.

    This was not supposed to be my life. Why would this be my life. I lost my family, and for what cost? Why would anyone want to do this? We were literally a happy easy family. We always got along with everyone and even neighbors throughout the years despite some being cranky old people. But they wouldn't of done this. Now apparently I am next.

    Looking at the picture, it puzzled me that my family never mentioned him. They must have been close if there were pictures of him. It was taken outside of this exact house but how long ago? I went to go put the picture back and as I did, I looked at the picture next to it. Again, it was Stefan and my parents but this time inside the house. He looked a bit younger in this one, maybe about fifteen or so. Now that it comes to it, how old is Stefan now? He doesn't look any older than 25 so hopefully that was true. As I scan both the pictures I see that my mother had violet eyes. Why does she have violet eyes?

"Enjoying the pictures Lilith?" Stefan walked in, standing a few feet away. Watching me as I scanned each picture of him with my parents.

"Sorry, I did not know where you were and than I ended up in the living room and saw the pictures. Guess you really did know my parents." I told him. It was still hard to believe that he knew my parents. I need to get answers to why and how.

"Yeah, they were great, definitely different from the others." Having hurt expressions in his eyes when he had to use past tense.

"From the others?" What others could he mean? Different parents? Did my family secretly adopt him? Worked with him? Then again, I did not know a whole lot of my parent's jobs since they never really indulged about it. Every time I would try, they would use short responses and bring up another topic to talk about.

"Before I explain, I can start from the beginning but assuming you don't know anything, this will be a whole lot and you may mistrust me. You have to know that with what I am saying, everything I say is true." He looked at me in the eyes, pleading that I will believe him.

Believe him? I didn't even know him, but he did know my parents so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. "Okay." I nodded, "Start from the beginning." I told him.

He sighed then started, "Okay, Lilith, growing up, did you know anything of monsters?"

"No, just what I have read in books." I replied back. Unless you mean the people that goes on a murder sprees or something like that, those are the real monsters. Could my parents be undercover cops?

"Okay. Monsters I am talking about are the supernatural. Vampires, Werewolves, Fae's, etc... They are real. Creatures that will try to take a human life. Now there are people who fight against them, those are hunters. Then there's the ones who are similar to police officers and FBI but are known as the SIA; Supernatural Intelligence Agency. This has been going on since the beginning of time, a war between both. Now, there are good supernaturals, bad supernaturals, and some who are not good or bad. For the not good or bad, those would be Fae's. They have two different courts. The Seelie Court and the Unseelie Court. Each one has a queen. The Seelie Court are the better one while the Unseelie Court are not. Both can't be trusted as they do what they want. Knowing the Fae's names, they can be controlled. They do have a glamour to look natural to the human eyes and can make their own portals to their home or anywhere else. Never ask for favors as they must be returned for a price. They are immortal but can die from decapitation, stabbed through the heart, or any damage to the heart. They are also highly attractive and can make any humans 'fall in love with them. Vampires..."