Chapter 3

(3rd Person)

(Y/N) and Mark sat in the Principle's office, Mark couldn't help but look out the window as he saw the arena the Sports Festival would no doubt take place, he smiled widely, nudging (Y/N) with his shoulder to get him to look.

Mark: Take a good look (Y/N), that right there is the stage for our highly anticipated rematch. The spar or maybe brawl that will finally answer our question of which of us is the stronger fighter.

(Y/N) nodded, a look of determination back on his face as he stared at the massive arena, imagining what it would look inside, the events which they would take part in... and then the final battle against Mark which would show once and for all who is the superior fighter.

Nezu: That's... precisely what I wanted to discuss with you two.

The two turned to the principle, Mark already had a bad feeling about this as Nezu seemed to be... almost apologetic about the next words that'll come out of his mouth.

Nezu: I'm afraid I can't let you all participate in the Sports Festival.

Mark: What!? The hell!? What do you mean you can't let us participate!? We're students who want to be sought out by the pros, we have a right!

Nezu: I understand your frustrations, and I apologise for this. However, we all agreed it was the most rational solution considering our current situation. You three are now the co-holders of the Father of Quirk's soul. If the villains found out the three of you were holders then all three of you would be put in danger for the rest of your lives. However, if we were instead to allow only one of you to participate... then there will be less risk of finding out, and even if they did find out, they would only believe one person to hold his soul... making protecting that person a much easier job.

Mark: So you're stopping us from fighting because you think we can't protect ourselves!?

Nezu: I'm only preventing a disaster from happening, I was lucky enough to convince the board to allow one of you to participate. If things were worse, none of you would be in this Sports Festival... I'll leave it among you three to discuss who will be joining the students at the Sports Festival.

Mark: But sir...

Nezu: No, Mr Killa. I'm afraid there is no compromise, only one of you three can participate, if all three of you went ahead and joined the competition then all three of you would be in danger of losing the Father of Quirks' power. I'm sorry, this action is necessary, have a nice day.

Mark walked out, slamming his fist into the wall in frustration while (Y/N) took a deep breath, standing from his chair and seemingly calm as he followed Mark out the door. Immediately, he saw his friend was punching another wall, creating a massive hole that lead to a surprised looking Ectoplasm looking at the two.

Mark: This was the perfect chance... our chance to fight. And they put it off because of what we agreed to do for them... are they going to put leashes on us next?

(Y/N): 'It's unfair... but, it's understandable. I hate it yes, but I understand why they're doing it.

Mark: It's stupid! They've seen that we're more than capable of defending ourselves! Why can't they let us compete!? Are they really that worried that whatever was injected into us will be lost forever? Doesn't that mean they're caring more for the Father's soul than our own lives?

(Y/N) sighed through his nose, shaking his head at a thought: if this was Mark's reaction he was dreading Sofia's when he would tell her the bad news. Before he could leave, (Y/N) was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

???: You ok?

The boy turned and saw Itsuka Kendo from class 1-B giving him a look of concern, (Y/N) sighed, turning fully to face her as Mark continued to grumble while this time softly punching the hole with Ectoplasm watching in both interest and confusion.