Chapter 9

(3rd Person)

With the matches in place, all who weren't participating headed to the stands while Shinso, Midoriya and Ojiro went for the preparation rooms. (Y/N) sighed while finally arriving at the stands, Mark looked back with a smirk at seeing (Y/N).

Mark: Bit bummed you're not first? I don't blame ya, I mean, you looked really excited when I gave you that Gi.

Sofia: You can tell he was excited? He still had usual blank expression when you gave him the thing...

Mark: Funny enough, basically living with the guy for the past ten years helps in knowing how he's feeling, even if his face doesn't show it. You could try your best, but I never get his emotions wrong!

Sofia: Oh really? Then, can you tell how he's feeling now?

They both looked back, only for Sofia to grow a deadpan look at seeing (Y/N) look off into the distance, it was easy to tell where he was looking.

Mark: He's wondering if All Might was the right choice for looking after Eri, I wouldn't blame him since the last babysitter wasn't exactly... competent...

Sofia: You only managed that because you looked where he was looking!

Mark: What? Is this some kind of game now? I keep telling you, spending ten years with your best friend helps you...

The two found their heads being bonked, class 1-A all sighed in both relief and annoyance as they saw (Y/N) take his seat behind the two, making sure they keep themselves in check, raising his fist slightly to threaten them to behave.

Mark: God... why does he always do that to me? It's you who should get that hit, not just me!

Sofia: Complain even more, he'll just bonk your head again while I get off scot-free...

The opposite happened as again both of them received another punch to the head, courtesy of (Y/N) who uncurled his fists to communicate.

(Y/N): 'Not really, if one of you acts up, I'll punish both of you, that way you'll be too afraid to try and engage in an argument since you'll be too afraid to receive punishment.'

Sofia: How the hell is that fair!? You're gonna punish me even if it's all that asshole's fault!?

To prove his point, he once again bonked both of them, everyone from class 1-A was just watching in amusement as the two finally shut themselves up, choosing to instead look ahead. (Y/N) nodded in satisfaction, crossing his arms as someone decided to take this opportunity to sit next to him.

Mina: That was really mean, but really funny at the same time. How you feeling?

(Y/N) held a hand up, tilting it slightly left and right.

Mina: So and so? That's a first, our other classmates were either... really nervous.

Midoriya sneezes from inside the preparation room.

Mina: Or really cocky, saying they would destroy everybody.

Mina cowered behind (Y/N)'s shoulder as Bakugou's head spun around, promising death for the pink-skinned girl.

Mina: But hey, at least you managed to get to the final part of the sport's festival...

Just as she planned, (Y/N) placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, comforting Mina slightly which made her smile widely... that was until another presence decided to make themselves known, looking down with a fake sad face.

Jiro: I... didn't make it either...

Mina went wide-eyed as this time (Y/N) placed a hand on Jiro's head, rubbing and patting it slightly which made Jiro keep her head down, concealing her blush but at the same time showing her emotions as both of her earphone jacks began wagging slightly in happiness.