Chapter 5

(3rd Person)

True to the predictions, Sofia Yuko did in fact give up her spot in the Sports Festival... it took a lot of convincing from Mark and maybe promising a favour or two in the future, but Sofia allowed (Y/N) to participate. She merely stated that compared to having a chance to be seen destroying villains rather than future heroes, this Sports Festival was simply a small chance for the future heroes to be recognised.

Currently, it was the day of said event with the whole of Class 1-A, even Mark and Sofia in the room all gearing themselves up, either physically or mentally. The usual trio sat at a table, well... Mark and Sofia were the ones sitting, (Y/N) was currently doing as many push-ups as he could to warm himself up.

Mark: From what I heard, the whole thing is divided into three main events. The first and last event are always the same: a race and a tournament, it's the second event you need to worry about considering that one is always left up to random chance according to the info I got from Mom.

Sofia: Heh... it's child's play either way, I suppose I made the right decision in not joining, it wouldn't be any fun if there wasn't anyone who could keep up with me. Of course, the only guy who can keep up is (L/N) and he barely keeps up as it is.

Mark: May I remind you that it was (Y/N) who defeated Karma, not us? We got caught by her quirk the first time we met her.

Sofia: So did he!

Mark: But the difference is: he's the one who put a hurting on Karma and we were defeated by a simple trick.

Sofia grumbled, looking away as everyone else in the room grew deadpan looks at seeing (Y/N) continuing his push-ups.

Sero: So uh... any chance we could forfeit?

Kirishima: Why? What's got you so ready to back out suddenly bro?

Sero: Well, take a look over there. That's a guy who not only brutalised a villain, but has the strength to basically break your bones with a single flick of his finger, do you really think we can win against that!?

Bakugou: Idiot! Strength isn't the only thing you need! If that scarf idiot relies only on his power, he's going to lose to people who use their brains as well as their muscles, like me.

Kaminari: You use your brain...?

Bakugou: Oh screw off! I don't want to hear that from the guy who turns into an idiot every time he uses his quirk!!

The door to the room opens, and everyone stops talking or exercising to see their class president at the door with his usual serious face.

Iida: Prepare yourselves, we're going to head up soon.

At that, (Y/N) pushes himself to his feet, and everyone took deep breaths, trying to calm their nerves.

Todoroki: Midoriya...

Everyone looks over to see the two colour haired Todoroki now in front of Midoirya, his face a deep glare which got everyone on edge.

Todoroki: Know this... no matter how good you do in this tournament, I will be the one to defeat you. Statistically speaking, I've gained the advantage over you, however, that doesn't mean I'm going to go easy on you. All Might has his eye on you, almost as if you are his private disciple or something, my goal is to become the number one hero myself, so if the current number one hero has his eye on you, that means you too have the potential. It's why I need to defeat you, to show to everyone that I am stronger... I apologise for taking your time, but I wished to let you know of your imminent defeat.

The tension got thicker because of that, Kirishima went to calm them down... but was shoved aside by Bakugou who stared at Todoroki with what seemed to be a disappointed look.