Chapter 6

(3rd Person)

At the beginning of the race, everyone immediately headed straight for the tunnel that led to the outside, however... what they weren't counting on was the fact that halfway through the tunnel their feet were suddenly encased in ice as Todoroki slid past everyone else using his quirk. He looked back at his work, only to see that not everyone had fallen victim to his strategy, almost everyone from class 1-A was right behind him, hot on his trails after that sneaky use of his quirk.

He didn't seem to be fazed though as Todoroki now decided to run, saving up the times he would need to use his quirk, but he quickly fell onto his backside as something heavy slammed right in front of him before a shockwave caused him to be blown back, he looked up to see a rather surprising sight.

Present Mic: What an unusual strategy! Class 1-A's (Y/N) (L/N) has decided to become a rabbit and hop his way to victory, he's taking large leaps across the sky and ground!

Aizawa: He's saving his energy, while some may see jumping from one point to another as more taxing, if you're someone like (L/N) who can take a lot of damage, then you use up less stamina jumping through the air instead of running the whole way... that and he wants to make it at least somewhat fair since if he ran the whole way he would be first place in no time.

Mark: Always making it fair for everyone, huh?

Sofia: Does he really need to do that though? If anything, he's making the students behind him go slower since they're at risk of being squashed by him... not to mention the field being destroyed by his landing and jumping. He should really try to instil fear without running the risk of killing the idiots.

Mark: Heh... but it's like Mr Aizawa said: if he ran, it wouldn't be fair considering he could be back here in a few seconds, and look... sometimes he even waits a bit before jumping again, he wants to show off his skills yeah, but at the same time he knows everyone there is a future hero so he wants the whole world to focus on the class and not just him alone.

Sofia: Idiot... he should just hurry up and show everyone he's the best choice.

Mark chuckled in amusement at Sofia, looking down at the monitor he saw (Y/N) stop for a moment, looking back at everyone running after him before turning around, only to suddenly leap back as a metal arm attempted to squash him flat. (Y/N) looked up to see the very same robots that were used in the entrance exam.

Present Mic: Looks like we've finally run into our first obstacle for this race! Beware the metal giants, this is the chaos they bring to the table when you're not paying attention! Now, how will our students get passed the robot guardians?

More zero-pointers showed up. (Y/N) took a deep breath, crouching slightly before taking off, running towards the robot which attempted to hit him before. This time, instead of backing off, (Y/N) merely sidestepped the robot's slamming arm and jumped onto the arm before running up it, he then had to flip himself into the air, avoiding the robot's other arm before running up that arm next. When he got to the robot's face, he delivered a spinning back kick that made all of the audience members go wide-eyed... after all, they just watched a student kick a robot's head clean off its body with only his own leg.

Mark: Alright!

Sofia: Looks like he figured out a way to dispose of the robots in one attack instead of constantly dodging their attacks to think of a plan.

Mark: Well, he did learn about them in the entrance exam so he knows how to take care of them. Especially these zero-pointers.

(Y/N) leapt off the headless robot, taking a small leap past the area and then turn to witness Todoroki freezing the other robots and running underneath them. He let the ice and fire wielder run past him, taking first place as (Y/N) waited for the other students to go... but when he saw some students try to copy Todoroki, he immediately leapt forward, kicking the falling robots away as they attempted to squash the students. All the students looked in surprise to see (Y/N).