Chapter 7

(3rd Person)

The first event was over, and with it, only a select forty-two were able to make it to the second round with everyone else, unfortunately, being eliminated and therefore having no way to show off to the heroes. Midnight the one who basically looks after the first years for this event nodded, seeing the crowd of students who were gathered, she even smiled widely at seeing the scarf-wearing second place staring at her with his arms crossed.

Midnight: Congratulations to everyone in the top forty-two for making it this far! However, your hell doesn't end here since there's one more event that you need to worry about before you can really show off your skills... and that event will be decided, right now!

She uses her whip, cracking it in the air and then pointing towards the screen which displayed several events in the form of a casino slot which spun downwards, occasionally showing an event that would be possible... until finally it stopped on...

Midnight: Buckle yourselves up and find your partners, because this cavalry battle's all about getting the points with your team!!

On the screen, it showed three teachers: All Might, Thirteen and Present Mic, Present Mic and Thirteen were on the bottom and using their hands to lift All Might up who was pointing forwards.

Midnight: You need to have a team of at least two, the maximum being four, what needs to be done is you need to have perfect teamwork and make yourself a stable formation with one person standing on three people's hands. You need to go around and... steal your opponent's points!

Understandably, the students were all confused at where these points came from. So naturally, Midnight explained.

Midnight: These points are determined by the position you ended up in when the obstacle race was finished, for example, the lowest of the ranks which would be number forty-two gained a total number of five points. When you combine your team's scores together, you'll get your points for this event which will be made into a headband that the rider will wear, you win by of course having the most points at the end of the event. You need to steal your opponent's headbands while avoiding yours being stolen, and just so you know, if your rider falls to the floor, you're good as long as you can get back up. However, you are not allowed to deliberately make your opponent fall, so you'll be disqualified if anything like that happens.

(Y/N) chuckled mentally when he heard Bakugou curse silently.

Midnight: Now, I told you all how the points are ranked, but, what wasn't said was the points of first place... they gain a whopping total of ten million points!

Immediately, Midoriya was sweating with wide eyes, he slowly looked around and saw everyone giving him a look of determination... he felt like a zebra being cornered by a pride of lions ready to devour him whole. He then slowly turned his attention over to (Y/N) who looked at him blankly, before smiling with a thumbs-up. Midoriya breathed a sigh of relief... before going back to dread once he saw (Y/N)'s smile become a sinister smirk and his thumb now pointing downward.

Midoriya: Have mercy...

With (Y/N) he looked around, and saw to his dismay many people were turning his way, massive smiles on their faces, almost as if they hit the jackpot or something. He merely frowned at their looks and tried to escape, when he suddenly felt two hands on each of his shoulders... he didn't even need to turn to know who they were considering one hand was producing heat and the other was freezing cold.

Bakugou: Icy hot! Don't try it! I'm gonna get this asshole on my team!

Todoroki: I believe he would prefer my team, we have a higher chance of winning after all...