Chapter 8

(3rd Person)

After that long and tiring event, it was time for a break as all the students gathered in the lunch hall of the arena. (Y/N) sat with Mark and Sofia, Mark patting him on the back and congratulating him every chance he got whereas Sofia only stated it was obvious he would make it to this stage of the event.

Mark: All that's left now is to take out the rest of the competition, just remember to hold back a lot and at least give the others a chance.

Sofia: Why should he give them that chance? If they lose in one second against him, it's their own faults for being underprepared. We've been with them for at least a month now, they should've at least come up with a strategy to survive against our power.

Mark: Again... we're not trying to kill them here, we're trying to be heroes, not murderers.

Sofia: Well, it's important to show our power off to the world, if other people get injured as a result, oh well, at least it'll show villains not to mess with you.

Mark: That's more of a mindset of a vigilante than a hero... or perhaps you'll just become the next Endeavor.

Sofia: Becoming the next number two hero is not as bad as it sounds, sure there are many who wish to be number one, but I don't really care as long as it's a position everyone can see me display my strength and crushing villains.

Mark: What're you... the hero version of the hero killer?

Of course, their arguing was instantly ceased by two chops to the head that made them both faceplant into the table in front of them, class 1-A was used to it so they chose to ignore it, whereas the rest of the classes only looked on in amazement at the holy trinity's behaviour.

(Y/N) sighed, taking a bite out of the chocolate cake he got before looking around in slight worry since he didn't see Midoriya nor Todoroki... and considering those two are currently in a rivalry, (Y/N) knew it couldn't be good if Todoroki was with Midoriya.

Mark: Do you seriously... need to hit us, every time?

All got in response was an unamused look, then (Y/N) went slightly wide-eyed as he saw a brief snippet of someone peeking from around the corner. Without another word, he stood up from the table and walked over to said corner, peeking around it to see a pair of nervous looking red eyes staring at him with a small smile.

Eri: H-h-hi... big brother... um...

(Y/N) pulled out his notebook, writing down to communicate with Eri.

(Y/N): 'What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with the others in the stands?'

Eri: I wanted to see you, big brother. The Mr and Mrs were being very mean, saying how your two wins were just flukes, and that your speed and jumping was just an illusion. They said... your quirk was a coward's quirk since you make everyone think you're super strong.

(Y/N) sighed mentally, of course his adoptive parents would be like that. He pledged that he would prove them wrong about him being weak, and of course they were going to try and deny it even though they saw both his quirk and his strength up close. They know very well his quirk isn't one to give out illusions, seems he would need to up the ante.

(Y/N): 'They're just being delusional, no need to worry about them being mean. Just stay with my sisters instead, they'll keep the parents from saying anything like that.'

Eri: But... I want to be with you big brother... can't I stay here?

As (Y/N) went to answer, someone else answered for him.

???: I can take care of her for you, young (L/N).

Who else calls them by their last names and the word young before it? None other than All Might, (Y/N) looked at All Might with a raised eyebrow.