Chapter 18

(3rd Person)

Snapping his eyes open, (Y/N) found himself in a location that wasn't discernable through his eyes... all he saw was blackness. He tried to find something, anything to lighten the darkness, but only found his vision filled with darkness still... the last thing he remembered was a device sucking him and Mark inside it when he visited his room in the orphanage. The teenager took a deep breath, reaching his hand up and moving forward... nothing... just thin air as his footsteps echoed in whatever location he was at.

As (Y/N) was thinking about stopping, his hand made contact with something solid, he stopped, feeling around as the solid object was large, going as far as his hand could reach upwards and sidewards. The gritty and flat object could easily be identified as a wall as (Y/N) placed a second hand on the wall, blindly following it as he felt along the wall while still being blinded by the darkness. He kept going, the blind search going on for what felt like hours but was most likely just a minute or two in reality... finally, he felt a different object to the wall, another flat surface that seemed further into the wall, placing his other hand on it, (Y/N) immediately knew it was a door thanks to the cool metal that he felt instantly causing his nerves to jump. With a quick search, (Y/N) found the doorknob and hoped it was unlocked... only to groan mentally as the doorknob stopped short, finding resistance with his command to unlock.

The mute stepped back, thinking of something to open the door... while punching it down would be easy, if he was in an enemy base, he would alert the villains instantly. (Y/N) doubted they would leave the key in the room, so a normal exit wasn't going to happen... then there was the option of causing a racket in the room to alert whoever is outside, knock them unconscious and escape... but again that would just be another variant of the first idea since eventually they would discover he was missing. Suddenly... the lights in the room flickered on much to (Y/N)'s concern and confusion.

He spun around, and found himself in an empty room, the walls grey and dull with no windows, no mirrors. Nothing but walls, a ceiling, a floor and a metal door again with no window. He looked around, and saw the source of the lights turning on as he saw a switch on the wall next to the door flipped up. (Y/N) walked over, inspecting the switch with an eyebrow raised.

???: Don't shout.

Startled, the teenager spun again, this time coming face to face with a masked individual, they wore a silver cloak which covered their entire body, including the hood covering their head while their face was hidden behind a white-faced mask which only allowed (Y/N) to see a pair of blue eyes staring at him with what appeared to be determination and... respect?

???: Make a single noise, and they'll know we're here... now, I kind of lied when I gave those letters to you, it was only because I knew your friend Mark would follow... I could meet you an infinite amount of times and not risk anything... as long as my identity is kept in the dark that is. So, just call me Sam. It's not my real name, just a name I'll give to you so we can still meet.

(Y/N): 'How did you get in here?'

Sam: My quirk.

(Y/N): 'Which is?'

Sam: Not telling... and if it wasn't obvious enough, I can understand sign language, so there's no need to use notes on me. Come on...

The masked figure placed their hand on the door, a click was heard from the lock before the door swung open much to (Y/N)'s confusion, Sam exited the room, turning back and looking at (Y/N) with what he assumed to be a raised eyebrow.

Sam: You coming? If you're wondering about the door, that's part of my quirk... I have been training my quirk for over fifty years.

Instantly, (Y/N) jumped in surprise, his eyes going wide at the person's claim since Sam didn't sound over fifty years old.