Chapter 4

(3rd Person)

Mark sighed as he and (Y/N) were talking... well... attempting to talk to Sofia who only had her back to them in the hall that led to the lunchroom, anyone could easily tell she was pissed off from the grip she had on her arms or the deep frown on her face.

Mark: Unfortunately, that's how it is.

Sofia: So... you want me to give up on basically taking one step closer to becoming a pro hero? Because you think I'm not heroic enough? Do you have any idea how insulting that is?

Mark: Well, to be fair, you act even worse than Bakugou, and he constantly tells people to die so...

Sofia: At least I don't tell anyone to die, sure, I hate weaklings and sometimes I go too far. But that doesn't mean I want to kill them, or tell them they're better off dead.

Mark: I know that, I learned that you've got a worse personality than Bakugou... but the fact is you would actually kill a student... if anything accidentally because of both your strength and your anger issues.

Sofia: What anger issues asshole!?

Mark: Case in point...

(Y/N): 'Please understand Yuko, we need to choose one out of the three, Mark has no desire to become a hero since he told me he only wanted to be a hero to follow me'.

Sofia: And what about my dream? I want to be a hero too you know, I want to show everyone how strong I am, I want to show the villains that they can't mess with us heroes.

Mark: But a hero isn't supposed to strike fear into people's hearts, they're supposed to give people hope, sure, the villains would be terrified, but for a different reason. It's the number one rule of the heroes to never kill.

Sofia: Well it's stupid. When a villain is locked up, it just gives them more time to adapt, to improve and one day break out and the very hero who defeated them will never be able to win, because that villain will have learned from last time.

The two shared a troubled expression, (Y/N) shrugging his shoulders while Mark sighed, crossing his arms while trying to come up with an idea.

Mark: Whether we like it or not, only one of us is going to be able to compete... it would've been better for all three of us to participate, I could have my rematch with (Y/N) and you could do whatever you wanted... but the reality is the school's too afraid to let all three of us take part. Sofia...

Sofia: I won't give my blessings for him to participate, I want to become a hero Killa. If you really want me to give up on this opportunity, you're dreaming.

Mark: Then... what if I can make up to you?

Sofia: How could you possibly...

Mark suddenly pulled out his phone, showing the contact to being his mother.

Mark: My Mom's a pro, she may not be able to spot us herself when the time comes. But, she knows a number of heroes we can go to, she... is owed a number of favours from the heroes.

Sofia: The hero known as Carpenter? I don't think she has that much power, true, her quirk is very useful for healing and repairing, but why would pro heroes owe her favours?

Mark: You... you literally just told us why. Anyway, if you agree to give the spot to (Y/N), I'll get Mom to call in the favours she is owed by the pros and we can choose practically anyone we want.

Sofia remained silent, looking away and thinking for a few minutes before sighing.

Sofia: But... that simply means that I won't have shown my strength to them, it'll be a cheap way to become a hero. I may want to be a hero as fast as I want to, but even I know when it's cheap... so no thanks. I will earn my way into being a hero.