An Unenjoyable Game of Ping Pong

This was her fault, was all Lilith could think. Somehow, in some way, the Pevensies and Sanya dying and being thrown into the 21st century was her fault.

And she had to rectify that. She had to keep them safe. Keep them- okay after being ripped from where they belonged.

It was her turn now. Her turn to protect them.

She should probably explain what the hell was going on first, she decided as she allowed herself to look to them, hauling out her fear of meeting their eyes.

She swallowed.

"This is my room. Yorkshire, England. 2019... Sorry for the mess?" She added, her confidence dwindling.

This wasn't how they were supposed to see her- stood in an old hoodie and jeans, amidst the mess that was her roo-

Her eyes flew to the desk as she dived to it, narrowly avoiding the glass of water as she scooped the papers up in her arms and throwing them into the corner. Perhaps piles of research on their FIRST death wouldn't be the best thing to see after just waking from their SECOND.

Well, that's how it seemed for her, anyway.

The Unwavering finally turned back to them, with a slightly lost, helpless smile, realising none of them had yet to say a word.

"Please don't hate me?"

"My family-" Sanya spoke hoarsely, almost ignoring Lilith. "I- I have to see if they're alive, any of them- I-"

"Shush." Susan spoke comfortingly, clad in a baby blue skirt and a canary yellow crop top, laying a calm hand on her shoulder and despite the shaking in her heart, she asked Lilith, "2019, you said?"

She nodded.

"That's- that's how many years in the future-" Peter, wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, tried to do the math in his head but his ears were ringing.

"74." Edmund, in a dark shirt rolled to his elbows and jeans, and Sanya whispered at the same time- the former looking at the latter, who ignored him.

"So technically... I'm 89 now?" Lucy tried for a smile, surveying her knee length shorts and off shoulder pink shirt.

"I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry." Lilith said again, dropping to sit on her bed.

"You can't have known." Sanya said automatically, though her mind spoke 'if I'd just gone on the date with Peter- oh, PETER!' "We thought we had about 2 to 3 years till that train accident."

"I should never have taken you all." Lilith felt the world collapse around her once more. "It's my fault, my fault-"

"Sure you got us on the train, but you didn't make it crash." Edmund said logically, meaning to be comforting.

Peter gave him a filthy look and went over to Lilith, both trembling badly, and put his arm around her.

"Fuck Aslan." Sanya said, getting to her feet, just a little dizzy.

"Sanya, don't." Lucy said reproachfully.

"No, I will." She pushed her hair back from her face. "He's been playing us like a ping pong ball! Telling Peter and Susan that they would never come back to Narnia, only for them to come back. Separating Su and Cas again. Telling Lilith she'd be in Aslan's country only to send her, alone and cold and hungry, to the 1940s. Him telling Coriakin that our baby was the future of Narnia and then taking it away. And now this?" She seethed, she hadn't ever felt so capable of hate and utter revulsion.

The others shared a glance- Sanya never made speeches but when she did, she sure made them count.

Lilith only half watched Sanya's outburst from the comfort of Peter's arms as she let her mind wander.