Lucy Holds a Snake

"Morning, Ms. Pevensie, glad to see you're punctual." Ms. Keyes greeted as Sanya walked in.

"Morning." She replied, face stretching into a small polite smile. "And PLEASE call me Sanya, I don't really use th-my last name."

Ms. Keyes nodded and pointed towards the back shelves. "There's some sorting of books needed over there and then you've to check the register and see how many people have overdue books."

At least she didn't have to talk to people, Sanya thought optimistically as she trudged off.

--

"I'm coming." Susan gritted her teeth as she balanced three plates as she made her way towards the table, ignoring the catcalling and the other shouts from the maitre d'.

As she returned back to the kitchen, she saw how much tips she had got so far- barely £3- and suddenly sympathised greatly with the general populace when she had been Queen of Narnia.

--

Lucy was happily watching the kittens drink milk as she cleaned some hay when Kathy, the owner, came out with a-

"Is that a snake!?" Lucy dropped her broom.

Kathy looked down, rolling her eyes. "No, it's an alpaca. Of course it's a snake, special order. Relax-" She added, seeing the young girl's alarmed face. "You don't have to tend to this one, just make sure it doesn't escape."

--

"It's numbers, Edmund. Just do the maths!" Peter hissed to his brother from the desk beside him.

"Yes but on a screen! And have to use the rat-"

"Mouse."

"That's a lot to think about at once!"

Peter fought the urge to throw a stapler at his brother, yet ducked his head as their boss wandered past, deciding the job was more important than hearing a satisfying *thunk* of the small mechanism hitting his brother's head.

--

"Hey, Hey! Molly! No- Kiera had the glue stick first, love! No, no don't cry! Here- take this one!" She spoke quickly, almost tripping over a young Charles, reaching to grab another glue stick before more tears were to erupt from the girl.

"Jake- Jake! You're not to have milk!" Her attention was drawn to the allergies chart on the wall staying he was INCREDIBLY intolerant to lactose. "Here, juice instead!"

Perks of working at a Nursery, Lilith decided, was that she finished and was home by 4 o'clock.

This meant she had time to collapse on the sofa, cure her exhaustion of being responsible for 30 4-6 year olds that day with an hour long nap before beginning to cook dinner for when the others returned.

She'd long since given up trying to scrub the glittered paint smear from her cheek.

Lucy was home first, her job being only a 'part time' one, and fell down into the sofa.

Lilith chuckled.

"I'm going to have a shower." She said, getting up a few minutes later, her clothes covered with hair and fur and tiny scratches. "Possibly for 10 hours."

But there was a smile on her face as she left, so Lilith whispered to herself, "Someone's enjoying work."

"They're ANIMALS!" Were Susan's words as she half stormed through the door. "The things they say! As if you think they can't hear you when you're LITERALLY stood beside them!"

Lilith gave her a sympathetic glance as the Gentle dropped into where Lucy had vacated not half an hour earlier. "Thank Asla- At least YOU'RE making dinner or I'd take one of those frying pans and glad smack the creeps who're probably STILL on table 7 with it."