Collision of Lilith's Two Worlds

"Do you want me to sleep with you again tonight?" Susan asked Sanya, feeling like the young girl shouldn't be left alone.

"I want to, very much." Sanya was banging her head on the kitchen cabinet. Susan knew her well enough to know she was having a headache. "But I- I want to stay with Ed."

"That's not very wise." Susan replied.

"Why I'm called reckless." Sanya stopped her banging. "No, it's… he's familiar. He feels like home and I need home tonight."

"What do I feel like?" Susan joked.

But Sanya's answer was completely serious. "Warmth. Care."

--
"Ed- Edmund?" Sanya knocked on the door.

"I'm shirtless!" He called. "Wait!"

Rolling her eyes because she'd seen as much of him as possible, she walked in.

"I said-" he looked annoyed at her intrusion.

"Can I sleep here?" She asked quietly. And then allowing herself to be vulnerable in the soft way she never let herself be, she continued, "Please?"

Edmund couldn't find it in himself to bite back.
"Of course." He gestured to the bed. "Lie down if you want, I'm going to just freshen up."

"Thank you." She spoke quietly, and it was eerie. "But if it'll be difficult-"

"Oh, it will." He assured her, with half a smile. "But your happiness comes before my difficulties."

When he came out of the bathroom, he saw her clothes thrown haphazardly on the chair, and herself curled up in the fetal position with a blanket.
Feeling apprehensive, yet near delirious, he climbed into bed with her and, throwing a securing arm over her shoulders, succumbed to sleep.

Lilith crept in at 11 that night, dragging a large bin bag in one hand and a shopping bag in the other.
She made a point to keep quiet as she saw Susan sleeping on the sofa, and made even MORE a point to ignore Peter who was sat in the armchair, seemingly to have his nose ALSO in Harry Potter.
She turned to the fridge, emptying the shopping bag.
“Where do you get that?” A voice ordered from behind her.

“I didn’t steal it, if that’s what you’re insinuating...” she retorted sharply. “well... not really.”

“Then where from?”

Still, she refused to turn to him as she slid jars onto a shelf.

“My parents’. They were out. And this-“ She told him, holding a large wad of notes out to him. “£750. I knew they were stashing SOMETHING under the bed. It should do you all until we get jobs...  and there’s food for Goose. He’ll have to stay with you lot as I’m off to Ben’s- as I refuse to sleep on the street AGAIN.” She shouldn’t have had to explain herself, but here she was.

There was a moment where she looked up and caught his eye. She wanted to tell him that last night, after having sex with Ben, she’d sobbed to him: rambling of the High King she'd fallen in love with and gone on to betray, and her new family she’d killed.
But she didn’t.
“And so I wasn’t at Ben’s. I was stealing from my parents and leaving them a note not to call the police on me, but to let me go. NOW I’m going to Ben’s. Tell Sanya to call me if any of you need anything.”
She spoke, grabbing her bin bag of belongings, turning around and walking out, calling back only to the speechless once-King to lock the door behind her for once.

Sanya awoke the next morning, disoriented as always.
Her mind clearing instantly but also starting its daily scream at her as she looked over and saw Edmund next to her, his dark hair over the white pillow, his pale but strong arm thrown over her stomach.
She wanted to stay in this moment.
Yet she got up, shrugging his arm off her and put on the red T-shirt she had worn the other day and her jeans.
At least they were loose If she had been given a tight skirt and shirt like Susan- who looked as phenomenal in it as always- she would have jumped in front of one of those very shiny cars. Though knowing that dick Aslan, he'd make her wake up in the middle Ages wearing a corset.