All Was Going Well

"What've you all got planned for today?" Lucy asked, who was waiting for a video call from Harry- who was in America with Tom right then.

"We're going out." Peter indicated him and Lilith. It was the weekend from tomorrow so they could get as wasted and whatever else they liked.

"I'm staying over at Ben's for the weekend." Susan spoke as she brushed her long hair. She and Ben were... what Lilith and Ben had been, except romantic feelings were there on both sides.

"I'm staying in." Sanya said, Alec lisping unintelligibly in her arms.

The first few times he'd made sounds for the last few days, Edmund and Sanya had been almost obsessive to see if any of those sounds were any variations of 'mama' and 'dada'.

"WE." Edmund corrected her. "WE are staying in."

They had no idea what they were. They lived together, slept together, said 'I love you' occasionally and carefully, and most of all, were with their son together.

So basically a couple with a baby.

"So I'm the only one alone on Valentine's Day." Lucy snorted. "Figures."

"Sanya and Ed are staying at home, though." Peter pointed out. "You can hang with them if lonely."

His littlest sister snorted, "Spoken as if you'd never walked in on them."

Lilith laughed loudly as those scarring memories of the 40s pervaded her boyfriend's mind before saying, "We still on to binge the old Star Treks, yeah, Nya?"

Being one of the few who preferred Star Trek over Star Wars, Sanya nodded. "Don't die tonight, eh, Lilith?"

"There was once a time I used to say that to you." The ginger replied, chuckling. "How the tables have turned."

"Don't say that!" Edmund, perennially worried for Sanya and her safety, groaned. "You'll encourage her!"

"And Ed has enough stress to deal with, really." Susan laughed as she slung her bag across her back. "Bye, all."

"Please don't get pregnant!" Peter shouted his customary farewell to Susan as he left and the Indian girl, as usual, hit him over the head.

- - -

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Absolutely NOT!"

"Our son can wear pink if he wants!"

Sanya glared at Edmund, "But pink is a HORRIBLE colour."

"I agree, and it's my birthday party, so." Peter said as he walked in to see if the two (three) were ready yet. But no, Edmund was still in work clothes and Sanya half dressed while Alec was sitting up, supported by the headboard and several pillows beside him.

"Peter, you know very well that I never listen to you." Edmund retorted before going back to Sanya. "He picked it out HIMSELF, he has the freedom to choose to wear what he wants!"

"He's not even 7 months old!"

"Would you two get ready already!" Peter yelled as their shouts became louder. "Even SUSAN is ready before you, shame!"

The two turned on him then. "YOU TRY GETTING A BABY READY, WHY DON'T Y-"

Peter rolled his eyes and snatched the pink shirt Ed was holding and the light blue onesie Sanya was and held it in front of the baby.