The Forgotten Favour

"Okay. Okay, very well. We'll go- talk things over. Just us. The rest haven't anything to do with this." - Also, get that knife the fuck away from my pregnant friend, but Lilith decided not to speak that part.

"Absolutely not." Sanya spoke up, shrugging off Ed's restraining hand, refusing to let her best friend go off alone with that- thing. "You're not going anywhere with him alone, not without me- us."

Lilith's heart beat faster as N's eyes turned to the young Indian girl, and he nearly dropped his knife before his smile grew wider. "Well, well, YOU really ARE a slut, huh? Who's the father of the bastard? Or wait, you don't know, righ'?"

Lilith took a step forward before either of the boys could act in the way she knew they were almost failing to restrain themselves from, in which she was 90% sure would get one of them killed.

"Fuck off, N. Leave her alone. I'll go wherever you want. Just for the night. Do whatever- but then you get off our backs. And possibly consider us an upgrade? 2 bedrooms are pretty cramped." She added with a lot more courage than she felt, throwing in a sweet smile with her last comment.

Well- it was worth a try?

"But-" Sanya started again, wondering why Peter wasn't speaking up.

N glinted his knife at the True and she gave him a look, "I've had a lot bigger and longer shown at me and some of them even pierced my body. You don't scare me."

"Sanya." Edmund whispered as softly as possible. "Our son."

She felt like an electric shock has passed through her. The baby, she couldn't risk the baby, she couldn't.

N smirked, "All bark, no bite you are." He scoffed, which Lilith knew was not at ALL true, but was glad her friend didn't retaliate.

"Deal or not?" The redhead pushed, wanting this entire situation over as quickly possible.

Their 'landlord' was silent a moment, his eyes dancing between them before he nodded, "Get a coat. It's a cold night." He spoke in way that made Lilith subconsciously put a hand to her forearm, a steady reminder of her title as she squeezed through the small crowd behind her and back into the flat to grab a hoodie.

Her eyes lingered on the semi-conscious Ben, both Susan and Lucy knelt beside him.

He was in good hands, but she couldn't help pressing her lips to his forehead before making her back out the door, grabbing her phone off the side.

Oh, how she wished she'd had it on charge as she glanced down to see it on 30%, before sliding it back into her pocket, noticing none of the 4 had moved an inch- if looks could kill, Sanya, Edmund and Peter would've had N dead minutes ago, yet he simply smirked back to them.

"Ready?"

No. But she nodded, "Let's just get this over with." She muttered, but felt a hand grab her wrist.

Her eyes met Peter's, and suddenly she realised how easily Susan could read him. Fear and desperation, trust and belieif in her- she felt grateful and fell even more in love with it all, but all she could do was offer a small, reassuring smile back.

"Make sure they keep Ben alive." She half joked, glancing to Sanya who nodded.

Lilith regretted her words immediately-

Oh, he best be okay.

At least the rest were, she decided optimistically, turning and following N down the stairs.

"Sanya, for goodness' sake, sleep!" Susan whisper screamed for the eighth time- she and Edmund were taking turns trying to convince Sanya to sleep because she needed the rest more than any of them.