Moving Out

It was a week later- a Wednesday, to be exact, Lilith arrived home-yet again, before the others.

She had an hour and a half- in which she made incredible use of.

By the time she heard Lucy entering, meaning then others would be no more than half an hour away, she had ALL their things packed they'd accumulated the past months by the door, and their last dinner in their current flat on the table.

A part of her HAD wanted to tell them before- but the idea of surprising them felt even better.

Not that it was much, but a place with an extra bedroom, sofa with a double pull out bed AND a slightly larger living room- albeit still being grotty and only across the building- she hoped would lift their spirits.

She'd also decided- now 4 months in their new time- they'd settled down enough to appreciate the fact that they could do online courses in whatever they fancied- opening up their futures a little more.

Again, another surprise she quite frankly couldn't wait to tell them as she began plating up spaghetti meatballs.

"Where're the boys?" Lilith asked as Sanya walked in, disgruntled, Lucy accompanying her.

"Dead, for all I care." She said before sniffing the air. "I smell meat."

"You're better at smell than Goose, what the fuck?" Lilith laughed. "Also, what's got your knickers in a twist?"

Sanya went into a sort of short rant- which, for her, was a lot, to be honest. "Do people absolutely FORGET any kind of personal space once they see someone with a baby bump? And the concept of PRIVACY?"

Lilith gave her friend an amused side glance, yet it was Lucy who spoke up-

"But you HAVE to touch baby bumps! They're ADORABLE! If you can't SEE how cute a baby is, you HAVE to feel it!"

"That's stupid!" Sanya argued, worked up. "I see tons of cute babies outside, I don't run up to maul them, do I? People have NO right to come over and run their hands all over MY stomach just because I'm pregnant! I hate people touching me!"

"I'll keep that in mind." Edmund chuckled as he entered as well, shrugging his jacket off.

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind YOU touch- ow! Okay!" Lilith halted her snide mutter as Sanya hit her arm with a spatula.

"Anyway. Eat up. We've to be out in an hour and I REFUSE to move with dirty plates, so they'll need washing." She added, sliding the plates to the table.

"Out?" Edmund asked, his surprise overcoming his hunger.

Sanya looked up, noodles spilling out of her mouth. "Where?"

"Move?" Lucy asked, suddenly panicking. Were they being... er... what was it called? Evicted?

"It's across the building-" she explained as they sat to eat, "An extra bedroom... the living room comes with a double pull out bed, too. It's not much- but I spoke to N and since we've been such- 'compliant' tenants, an extra £100 got us an upgrade. As I said- it's not much but I thought, with that baby coming and all- more space'll come in handy... "

Sanya's face broke into a wide smile as she swallowed her food. "Thanks, Lil!"

Lucy hugged her as Edmund grinned as well. "Seriously, thank you... oh, Sanya, we should start planning for the essentials... "

"There's still almost 5 months left." She rolled her eyes as Peter and Susan came in- one covered in condiments and the other in some kind of fluid. "Wash up, especially you, Pete. God knows what things are on you."