New Beginnings Aren't So Stupid After All

"Oh, that one's from me." Susan spoke up as Lucy picked up a hot pink gift.

Inside was a beautiful vintage dress, almost exactly the same shade as Lucy's eyes.

"Must have cost you a fortune, Su!" Edmund said, half disapprovingly.

"Got it at a thrift store, on sale, and adjusted it a little. Barely made a dent." Susan rolled her eyes as Lucy leaned up to hug her thanks.

"That's from me." Lilith said as Lucy uncovered a small white box.

"And PART of it is from me." Peter, having exhausted all gift giving idea after the birthdays, added hastily.

It was a phone, not the latest nor very expensive but it was a nice, stylish looking one and Lucy loved the yellow earphones (Peter's idea after days of deliberation) which accompanied it.

"You can talk to Harry anytime." Susan pointed out, grateful that they would have individual phones now.

Edmund and Peter shot her a dirty look.

"That's from us." Sanya said, indicating to Edmund and she as Lucy picked up another box, purple and wide.

"We were- are rather broke, do remember that." Edmund said as Lucy unwrapped it to find half a dozen flower crowns in various colours and with different foliage and with tasteful rhinestones on them.

"I LOVE flower crowns, do not apologise!" Lucy squealed, picking out a cream and pink one to put on her head. "Seriously brilliant gifts, thank you all so much."

"Who's next?" Lilith asked, having been perfectly contented with following the Pevensies's Christmas traditions and Susan answered, "Might as well go in reverse age order, so Sanya."

The girl in question looked a little surprised, she hadn't thought anyone would really get her anything but nevertheless sat down on the floor and looked for gifts with her name on it.

Lilith looked a little defeated as Sanya picked up her gold-wrapped gift.

"That's from me- look, Haz one upped me after today, definitely..." She spoke as her friend opened the gift, holding the Gryffindor hoodie out at arms' length.
"But now you can stop stealing mine." She added, relieved as a smile spread across the True's lips.

"A shame. Yours is much comfier." Sanya teased, but pulled the hoodie on nonetheless. "I'll be sure to wear it in."

"That's from me!"

"Us." Susan and Peter corrected their sister as Sanya heaved a heavy box from under the tree.

"We know you were borrowing Lilith's, but they're pretty battered..." The Unwavering shrugged as Susan sent her an apologetic look- they were INCREDIBLY worn.

Sanya admired the brand new Harry Potter book-box set, unsure whether she'd be able to get herself to take the plastic off from around it.

Yet she did, rather quickly, taking out a book and opening it, holding the pages to her nose.

"They're so NEW! Thank you!" She spoke after taking a hefty sniff, much to the others' amusement.

Edmund shook his head fondly, "You're mad. Anyways, this one's from me." He spoke, handing her a small box with the hand which wasn't holding his son tight.

She took it curiously, opening it before letting out a small gasp.

She lifted one of the earrings out the box, pulling her necklace from under her hoodie and comparing.
"They're the perfect match! But- how?"

It'd been years- another century, since Edmund had gotten her the necklace.

He shrugged, "I have my ways."