Peter and Edmund Play Video Games

“Is it REALLY the best idea?” Susan asked for the tenth time as the left the flat the next day.

“Obviously it’s not ideal, but the more people you know the better. Ben’s a good guy, but most round here aren’t. It’ll be best you make him like you.” She replied. “Besides, he’ll have made a LOAD of food- which is free for us technically, so you might as well.” She added, leading them towards the opposite apartment block to their own.
“Just try to behave, he’s really laid back but- as I said, he knows people that aren’t.”

“Well, I suppose if it’s a free meal for tonight...” Susan decided. She glanced to Peter for his opinion, yet he hadn’t seemed to have been listening at all.

Lilith slid a key out her pocket, opening what the others decided must be the brunet’s apartment.

Lucy noticed immediately that it was the same layout at hers, half wondering if ALL apartments were the same in 2019, before deciding that that was rather unlikely.

“When’s food, Hayes?” Lilith called as she dumped her hoodie beside the door, leaving her in a small, black tank top and Peter unimpressed at both their breakup and how exposing 21st century fashion was.

“Someone’s demanding!” A voice called back. “Half an hour! I’ll be out in a minute!”

Lilith smiled slightly, leading the others into the living room area.
There were similarities to theirs- the 2 seater sofa, the armchair.
Yet Ben’s TV was bigger, gaming accessories scattered around it. There were empty beer cans stacked in a pyramid beside the sofa, a small pizza box pile forming beside it.

"What... food is that?" Sanya pointed to the piece of pizza lying on the table.
Edmund seemed fascinated by the TV, and was running his hands all over it gently.
Susan, Lucy and Peter were staring at the enormous gaming collection, which graced one side of Ben's wall.

"That's pizza, that's a bigger TV, and that's video games." Lilith informed each of them individually, dropping down onto the couch.

"Can I eat it?" Sanya asked, mostly to herself because she didn't grovel but Ben, just entering, heard and said, "Sure. Might be a bit cold though."

"Haven't eaten all day." She muttered at him before picking up the pizza and biting off the crust first.
Sanya was delighted. It was AMAZING.

"You'll be building a fast food obsession in no time." Lilith laughed.

Ben had wandered over to Edmund, after deciding Peter might kill him, and switched on the TV to a football channel. "You play any sport, mate?" He asked, looking at Ed's broad shoulders and lean physique.

"Rugby." Edmund replied in a trance.

"You can play a game. Halo, Mario Kart, Shooter, God of War-" Ben started to tell Susan and Lucy, until he noticed the look on the Gentle Queen's face.

"Do I have something on my face, pretty lady?" He asked jokingly.

Susan flushed angrily, "You remind me of someone I know. And DON'T call me pretty lady." Then she stomped over to sit next to Sanya.

“Don’t bother- Shooter’s shit.” Lilith decided to change the topic as she saw Lucy pick up a game, Ben’s mildly surprised face turning from Susan to her as he narrowed his eyes.

“Take that back, Miss ‘Heavy-Rain’s-the-Best-Game-Ever-Made’.”

“Not a chance.” She replied, helping herself to a slice of left-over pizza, “Shooter’s shit and you’re even worse at it than I am!”