Not Quite a Palatial Accomodation

A 10 minute bus ride later did they get off on the border of the city centre, Lilith continuing to lead them through unknown streets.
These streets made even her uncomfortable as she did her best to keep them rounded up in a tight group.
“Right.” She told them, turning to address the five. “In order for a place for us to stay on such short notice- I’ve an idea, but I’ve to ask... a friend for a favour. No matter what’s said or what you see just- behave. He’s not the best person, but we don’t have much choice. We’ll be in and out as quick as possible.”

"What friend?" Peter asked, wary as soon as he heard the 'he'.

"A guy I slept with." She told him bluntly and he hid his wince. "An absolute dick, who I despise."

Peter looked much happier after that.

"WHY are we going there?" Susan asked, suddenly wishing she had a coat on. She'd never been THIS exposed in public. Men’s and even some women’s eyes seemed to linger on her.

"You guys need a place to live. At least for a while." Lilith replied, beginning down a narrow street. "It's just past this alleyway."

Edmund and Sanya flushed bright red.

They made their way through the apartment block.
Ugh, how she wished she’d never have to see this place again.
She’d hit many lows in the past 2 years, but the weeks with him must’ve been at the very pit of even THOSE.
She knocked on his door, here goes nothing.

The door opened a moment later, “What? Oh. Lilith.” The boy- man (?) was clearly surprised, the corners of his lips turning up in a way that made her both want to punch him AND throw up slightly.
“Come for another-“

She yanked her arm out of his grasp as he reached for her. “DON’T even finish that’s sentence. And not if my life depended on it. Actually, I- we need a favour.” She spoke, glancing back at the Pevensies and Sanya.

“Hm. Who’re your friends?” He asked, yet his eyes were on Susan, incredibly indiscreetly as he looked her up and down.

Lilith immediately shoved him, her eyes narrowing as they met his mildly surprised ones. “Stay the fuck away from her, N. From all of them. We need a favour. One of your flats. I’ll give you £300 a week. Then we’ll be on our way.”

"I'll give it to you for 250, if you give me a night with yourself or-" he looked at Lucy "nah, too young- or with the silver eyed slutty one-" Susan shivered, her eyes daggers "or-" He raked her over Sanya's curvy figure "her. A bit fat but she'd do."

"Back off." Edmund growled violently, snatching Sanya back to him and for once, she didn't protest.

Peter hid Susan and Lucy behind him as well, face a mask of utter hatred and rage.

"Drop dead, N." Lilith hissed. "I give you 300, no hookups. Take it or leave it."

"All your losses." He leered at the girls, looking curiously at Ed's hands around Sanya's waist. "I coulda shown you a good time, darling, you'd have been screaming my name all night long."

Edmund and Peter gave a violent start but Sanya had stepped forward and hit his face, hard, with the entire box set.

He stumbled back, clearly surprised, his eyes darkening, as he lunged forward “Why, you little-“

“DON’T.” Lilith stood in front of him. She was NOT about to let him hit Sanya, nor call her friend what he’d been about to.
“You deserved it and a hell of a lot more. Now can we have the keys and go?” She asked, hardening her own eyes.
They NEEDED this.
He looked at the others in disdain.
“N- Nathan, please.” She tried again, he was clearly not budging and she let out a frustrated sigh. “Fine. 3 months rent upfront and we’ll- ugh. We’ll talk up an... arrangement at the end of it.” She spoke the last bit quickly, mostly so she didn’t have to register it.