One

Manhattan, Present Day

Roman found it nice to know that no matter how many times you punch someone in the face, they will still come back to fight you again. He also found it comforting that the more he punched the self-proclaimed Duke in the face, the more people went crazy with wanting autographs and pictures with him. In fact, the only complaint he had was the fact that his action figure wasn't life-sized, but some crazy fan girl had made a life-size doll of him, which he supposed was a little creepy, but cool all the same.

Despite what some propels think, that was not his main motivation for being a superhero. Of course, it was a part of why he did it, but it wasn't the only reason. He also loved using his sword, Excalibur, which wasn't the real Excalibur, but no one else needed to know that. He also loved punching his self proclaimed 'greatest enemy'.

In one way or another, The Duke was his greatest enemy, but mostly because he didn't fight many people. Sure, there was one other guy, but Roman didn't fight Deceit nearly as much. That was more in the range of the other guys, whose real names he didn't know, because, you know, secret identities and all that nonsense that comes with being a superhero.

But Roman never understood why someone would what to keep something so awesome hidden away. If he knew how to do backflips, he would do backflips all the time, same as a regular person would, so why should superpowers be any different? That's the reason why, after he had loudly proclaimed his name as soon as news anchor asked who he was, completely surrounded by crowds of fans and press alike.

"Sir, why did you decide to tell the public your name is Roman?" A reporter asked him, waving a microphone in his face. He wasn't afraid of who he was. "Why keep your identity to yourself when there are people who love you for what you do?" He said to the reporter. He told all the people there from the news his backflip analogy, the crowd cheering in response, and question after question was still thrown at him, some actual questions such as how he got his powers, and some very odd ones, such as if he was dating anyone, or if he ever wanted to hook up with a fangirl (definitely not).

There were sure to be millions of tweets coming from the people who lived in the same city as he did, all saying something along the lines of, 'omg my neighbor is a superhero!', with more emojis than words, and YouTube clickbait saying 'Phoenix is my best friend (true story!). But he loved emojis, so he was glad people used them.

"Sir, do you ever wonder what it would be like to team up with the other superheroes?" A female reporter asked, ready to record his response.

"Well, they seem to be very nice, but Algorithm seems to be a bit of a goody-two-shoes," he laughed.

The reporter, happy with his response, turns to the camera and says, "You've heard it here, folks! The hero of Manhattan said it himself! I'm Valerie Torres-Rosario, and you're watching CNN."