Chapter 1: intro

(Richie: staring up at the black ceiling of his bedroom trying to sleep.)

It was the end of summer. Sadly school started tomorrow and I wasn't too excited. But I was in a few classes with Eddie so it was fine. Eddie and I grew pretty close over summer. He's my best friend. Although I love the losers club, it's nice to have just one person to talk to about what's bothering you without having an entire group judge you. Eddie is a really good friend. I hope he thinks the same of me. He's really funny and a smart ass and short and adorable... and I'm a trash mouth. I chuckle lightly at the thought. I pulled the blanket over my head and tried to sleep.

(Eddie: laying on his side wrapped in his blankets worrying about...well everything.)

Holy shit. School starts tomorrow and I'm not prepared at all. Chest heaving I grab my inhaler and push down at the top inhaling the medicine. The losers club is gonna be split up into different classes. Am I even gonna have any friends in my classes?? I hope I have friends in at least one of my classes. Ok ok calm down. Breathe in and out. After what happened over he summer...with...Penn-... actually I don't really want to think about it but after that, I just worry about everything constantly. Richie helped me calm down. He told me to focus and breathe in and out. I've been using my inhaler a lot less when Richies around because I can calm down. That's why he's my best friend. He always cares for me, when he's not making fun of me, I think with a smile. I was much calmer now. I closed my eyes and drifted into sleep.