Chapter 17: awkward

((Eddies pov)
"Of course." I said. I grabbed his hand again. We both looked at it for a quick second and then locked eyes with each other.

(Richies pov)
I didn't notice it, but me and Eddie were extremely close to each other. We both started leaning in. It was slow but it was happening. I was scared that Eddie was going to back out and hate me for the rest of my life. But he didn't. We came closer and closer. We both closed our eyes. Our faces centimeters apart. And then we backed away from eachother. We realized what we were doing. We were shook. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Oh my god oh my god oh my god. I almost kissed Eddie. He likes me back!!!! Ahhhhhh. A million thoughts were racing through my mind but they stopped when Eddie kissed my cheek. I guess he saw that I was mentally freaking out. But then it kind of got REALLY awkward.

(Eddies pov)
Neither of us wanted to talk because we thought it would ruin the moment. His eyes were wide open. He was shocked. Maybe he didn't like me like that. Did I just screw everything up with my best friend?? Eventually I broke the silence. We didn't know what to do. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have kissed you're cheek, you don't like me like that, I get it..umm, I should probably get going anyways.." I rambled as I rushed to pick up my stuff. I speed walked away before Richie could say anything.

(Richies pov)
The next few days were so strange. He didn't talk to me and he didn't his best not to be awkward around me at the quarry. It was just so weird. I liked him and he thought I didn't like him back. I needed to tell him. I needed to talk to him but he refuses to talk to me...

A/n hope your enjoying so far :)