Chapter 5: The walk home

(Eddies pov)
The rest of the school day seemed to go by 10x slower than the first three classes before lunch. Finally after the school day game to an end. It was time to go home. I grabbed my things and packed them in my bag before walking out of the building. I met Richie at the corner curb near the street. We started walking. We talked about how our first day went. We both agreed that it was "okay". Then it got awkwardly silent.
"Hey Eddie?" Richie said and turned his head towards me as we were walking.
"Yeah Richie?" I said back my head turned towards his face. We didn't realize that we slowed our waking and stopped. We stared at each other for a quick second. Looking each other in the eyes gave me that weird tingly feeling again and I couldn't stop it.

(Richies pov)
"What were you thinking about today at lunch that you wouldn't tell me?" I asked Eddie. He paused for a Moment. He turned his head facing his feet and he started to walk again. He walked at a slow pace so that I would catch up with him. I asked him again.

(Eddies pov)
I froze for a second studying his face. I started to walk again and thought for what felt like an hour about how I was thinking of him and getting weird feelings in my stomach, then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I only ever got that weird feeling once in my life before, when I was talking to Stacy Greene, whom I had a crush on. why did I get that with Richie though? Then it clicked. Did I have a crush on Richie? Surely not I'm not gay. Am I? No. Maybe bisexual? I don't know. My mind was having a war with itself. When Richie asked me the second time, I snapped back to reality.
"I- well what happened was, I was sitting (there bbq sauce in my titties) [A/N I'm sorry I had to. Lol.] in class and I had a bad dream the night before about you but then I started thinking about the good memories and the teacher yelled at me for not paying attention." I blurted out as if it were one sentence.
Richie blankly stared at me.

(Richies pov)
After Eddie told me what happened I simply laughed it off, and before we knew it we were both giggling. It was funny because he never got in trouble before. Something was still bothered me though. The fact that he wouldn't tell me in the first place.
"Hey Eds one more thing." I said
He turned to me.
"Yeah?" He replied.
"Why wouldn't you tell me in the first place?" I questioned.
"I'm not sure, I guess maybe you thought I was weird if I was thinking about you in class." He told me.
"Eddie" I said as I stopped him with my hands on his shoulders and turned him towards me. I looked him in the eyes, "I love that you worry too much Eds." I said and he blushed.
"That's why your my friend." I said to him. "Your always looking out for me."

Omg that was prob the longest chapter out of all the chapter that are gonna me in this book.
Word count: 537 words
Thanks for reading ❤️