Chapter 18: the letter

(Richies pov)

It's been a week and Eddie is still acting weird around me. He needs to know that I like him too. I don't want to ruin our friendship though...

And what will the losers think? My best bet is to write him a letter. I've never been the best at writing but I knew that if I told him in person I'd get all awkward and shit. I mean I know he's normally the one with a panic attack, but I'm sore is her one too if I told him in person.

I grabbed a pencil and started writing...

{time change}

(Beverlys pov)
[A/N: woahhhh we are throwing a whole new persons point of view into this story! Wow 🤭]

Richie sits next to me in math. He looks pretty lost on thought. I leaned forward a bit to see the front of his face. He wasn't sleeping. He was thinking... Richie trash mouth tozier can think about things? Who knew there was such a possibility! The dumb shit he says, you would think he doesn't even have a brain. I try to hold in a chuckle but a little slips out.

"What?" He said taken aback.

"Nothing..." I said. He was super on edge...Then I noticed that his hand was laying over top of a small folded up piece of paper. He was casually trying to hide it. He saw me looking at his hand and he quickly picked of the piece of paper and shoved it in his bag. What the hell just happened? What was that piece of paper and what was written on it that was so important??? I'm gonna find out.

(Richies pov)
I had planned to slide the note into Eddies locker, but I was starting to think it over and was thinking about chickening out. I didn't want anyone to find it, even if it was anonymous. So I kept it with me everywhere... that is until Beverly saw it...