Chapter 9: Comfort me

(Eddies pov)
My eyes fluttered open. And I saw a boy with dark hair and thick, round glasses. His hand was under my head, propping me up in the slightest bit. He seemed to be hyperventilating. "Eddie?" He asked. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah Rich... what happened?" I asked.
"I don't know! You tell me." He said anxiously but then gave me a small smile.
"Well I remember running...and I- I couldn't breathe..." I started.
"Oh my god! Eds your head is bleeding!" Richie said, cutting me off.
"Oh! I must have tripped and hit my head or something." I pause for a second, "and don't call me that." I said a hint of playfulness in the sentence to lighten the mood. Richie helps me up and he holds an arm around my waist, my arm resting on his shoulder as I limp over to the back door. I had a scrape in my knee from the fall as well as my head bleeding. My head was pounding too.
(Richies pov)
I was honestly shocked at first. I didn't know why the hell he looked dead on my lawn, but I'm so relieved he's not hurt....err not hurt to bad. Sneaking him into the house was a different problem but we did it surprisingly easy as my dad was passed out on the couch and my mom was God-knows-where. My bedroom is also close to the back door so we didn't have much trouble. I reluctantly let go off Eddie for a second so that I could open the door and we both walk inside. Eddie sat on the edge of my bed almost immediately. I notices that he winces as soon as I turn my light on. I think he has a concussion...he must have hit his head pretty hard for him to pass out because of it. After staring for a moment at Eddie, I correct myself and briskly sneak down the hall to the bathroom. I grab the first aid kit and quietly make my way back to my room. Eddie would have been more of a help with this because I didn't know anything about medical stuff like he does. To my surprise though, he didn't correct me, he just let me take care of him. He winces as I dab a wet paper towel to his scrape and put a band-aid on it.
(Eddies pov)
Richie gave me an ice pack for my head after he cleaned me up. I don't know what I would do without him. I mean really, he cares for me. Maybe he likes me more than a friend too...there's only one thing for sure though, he looked especially cute when he was caring...putting everything aside, jokes and all, to focus on one thing.

This chapter was long compared to the other chapters. I hope you liked it, I'm enjoying writing it!

Puzzled (Reddie)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें