Chapter 3: weird feelings

(Richie)
Eddie asked me if I was okay and I said I was fine and that I was thinking. I was thinking about how I got a weird feeling when I was talking to him. I can't really describe it. It was almost like butterflies in my stomach, but not quite. It didn't really make sense because I had nothing to be nervous about with Eddie. I just kinda of pushed it away and tried to ignore it. We kept talking and enjoyed the walk to school and when we got there we went our separate ways.

(Eddie)
Thought out the day in every class I tried to pay attention, but I just couldn't. I was too busy thinking about that dream. Not the part where Bill and Stan die. I was thinking about the fact that the most impactful hurt was Richie. I mean he is my best friend but so are Bill and Stan. So why did it feel like I was dying? "I don't know" my mind told me. I want particularly satisfied by that answer. My mind turned to all the good memories and funny moments in our friendship. I couldn't help but smile. As I relived the memories in my mind, I left out a slight giggle.
"Mr. Kaspbrak" my teacher said, "is their something so funny that you would like to share with the class?"
Her voice snapped me back to reality. My smile shot to a shocked face. Eyes wide, I stared at her studying her face. She wore stern expression with beating hazel eyes.
"N-no Mrs. Miller." I stuttered after a pause. My heart was beating as the whole class stared at me. I had never gotten in trouble before, but it felt terrible.
"Very well." she said. She quickly turned around and kept on with her lesson.  I sat there for the rest of the class, heart beating fast. And when the bell rang for lunch I practically sprinted out of the classroom. I couldn't wait tell Richie what had happened.